Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Finds

Find of the day. . .
Primitive Pie Safe
(it does have drawers at the bottom)
For the keeping room re-do

No serious junking this past weekend. .  .
Seems galvanized tin caught my eye. . .
And the price was right.
Many of them were FREE!
A watering can. . .
I already have one just like it,
but one more won't hurt. . .

 
A vintage bucket and wash pan. . .


Vintage shovels. . .


Pots, pans, minnow bucket, gas can. . .
Yes, these were the free ones. . .
which brings me to an appeal to our local friends. . .
When you throw things out like this,
please throw them my way. . .
I love "junk". . .

But, more than that. . .
It's getting harder and harder to find items we can use at the Widner-Magers Farm Historic District for hands-on demonstrations and for authentic daily use when we are having the tours. 
So, think of us before you throw out those old things, 
no matter what condition they're in.
You'd be surprised what we can use.
The 1930s, 40s, and 50s were the "make-do" eras.
Help us keep that alive. . .
We'd sure appreciate it. . .

More junking finds next week. . .

4 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Great finds and what an amazing pie safe!

Betty said...

wish I'd known you wanted junk. just cleaned out storage building. i'll keep you in mind, tho

James said...

It's getting harder and harder to find the old items. I'll see what I can do to help.

Beth said...

oh cool! i showed this to my mom because she has been coveting a pie safe and a hoosier cabnent for a long while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...