Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Welcoming Denim Blue Farmhouse Entry




When John's away. . .that's when I play. . .and I certainly did!
I awoke this morning with the full intention of removing everything not wanted out of the breezeway and giving it a thorough cleaning. . .John would be working with the roofers at the shotgun houses. . .I had a whole day without interruptions to clear out and clean up. . .


I was making a little headway when I took a couple of minutes in the kitchen to stir my soup that was simmering on the stove. . .then headed out the back door. . .And that's when it hit me. . .'That primitive cabinet that's been sitting in the backdoor entry for YEARS is DENIM BLUE!!!! 
Does that ever happen to you? You see something so often that you don't actually see it anymore?
Since I'm planning a BLACK TIE AND DENIM JEANS style for the house. . .I thought the entry needed a new look. . . You guessed it. . .Clear out, clean up was put on hold. . .Maybe tomorrow. . .















John will be so surprised when he walks in. . .or. . .will he notice at all? . .He may be so tired from his long day's work that he won't. . .Hmmmm. . .Let's see how long it takes. . .

 


4 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Did you glue/staple fabric to the wall?

Becky said...

I love your cabinet etc and I've always loved blue too so I think this is so pretty. I like the contrast of the creamy white crocks and the blue together. I'm sure your husband will agree.

Emily RP said...

Beautiful combination with the quilt. I love your style!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Love that primitive cabinet in such a pretty blue color. Seems like they used a green paint quite a bit back in the day. Even though I am one of those farmhouse girls that uses lots of white in mine, I do enjoy seeing farm homes with splashes of color. Your home is so nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...