Wednesday, December 18, 2013

By the Fireside

 
The stockings are hung. . . .The baking is done. . . .
The packages are wrapped. . . .The greeting cards are mailed.
 
It's time for us to sit back, relax, and enjoy the remainder of these Christmas Holidays.
 

Time for a little pampering. . . .Some hot apple cider and pumpkin bread will do the trick. . . .


"Mints" on the pillows. . . .hmmm. . . .Don't you love those hotels that leave the little chocolates?
 
 
We'll need a little candlelight. . . .of course. . . .
 
 
 
 
and a 'Snoopy Tree'. . . .Yes! . .  .Not so perfect. . . .but adorable anyway. . . .
  
 
 
 
 
 
All I need to do is add a little Christmas music and the stage is set for a relaxing evening by the fireside. . . .
 
 
So many blessings to be thankful for. . .So many memories to reflect upon. . . .So much love to share. . . .in so many ways. . . .
 
I hope you've enjoyed looking in on our life here at The Country Farm Home this year. . . .We've certainly enjoyed sharing it with you. . . .We've met so many truly wonderful people. . . .and have made new friends that I hope will last a lifetime. . . .
 
This is my last post for the year. . . .unless I just can't stay away (you know how that is). . . .We're taking off the rest of the year. . . .to be with family and friends. . . .for Christmas parties and caroling . . . .to prepare for the 'big day'. . . .But, I'll definitely be back after the Holidays, with lots of new things to share--new ideas for our Plain and Simple Style--and new stories to tell. . . .So, until then my friends. . . .Have an Absolutely Wonder-filled Holiday!
 


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely!!! I love your home and your blog! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy the holidays.
Kris

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

So pretty and inviting! I love the sleds.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Its been awhile since I've visiting due to not having Internet. Its good to be back and to read your beautiful blog again. This looks so cozy!! Merry Christmas to you as well!! --Susie

Pamela Gordon said...

I just love the cozy scene you have made in your home by the fire Dru. I wish you, John and your family and friends a wonderful Christmas holiday. Blessings, Pamela

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Merry Christmas Dru and John!
Thank you for being such a blessing to me this year. I am so thankful for all the help you provided me this year with the loss of my beloved Daddy. I miss him so much and this time of year is very tough. First Christmas without him. Last year was our last time the entire family was together on Christmas day. So have a blessed holiday and enjoy and love the ones you are with. Know in your heart you have made a difference in mine.
God Bless You Both,
Susie

The Charm of Home said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Dru!
Sherry

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your kitchen looks like the perfect spot to spend an evening by the fire. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Merry Merry Christmas to you too! I wish you a blessed time with family. And stay warm!

Debby Ray said...

What a warm and cozy post...made me want to just climb through the screen and sit by that fire and have some hot cider too! I always enjoy the sweet simplicity of your blog and am looking forward to more in 2014. Have a blessed Christmas!

Liz said...

What a beautiful Christmas scene at your house! So pretty! Christmas blessing to you and you family.

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything is so pretty!! Enjoy your time off with family and friends. See you in the New a Year.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Merry Christmas to you and your's! I think your Snoopy tree is perfect.

Pam said...

How absolutely beautiful and cozy!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jan Hebert said...

Merry Christmas to you and John too! Just love your home and your blog. I really look forward to each of your posts. Enjoy your family and the holidays!
Jan

Carolyn said...

And Merry Christmas to you! I only recently found your blog, but have been enjoying it very much. I love your gracious, simple lifestyle and home. :o)

Diane said...

Lovely vintage Christmas decor so beautifully displayed. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so so so very cozy! I just love them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...