Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Christmas Packages--Cotton Branches--White, Silver, Gold



The PACKAGES are wrapped. . .and ready. . .In WHITE and BLACK and SILVER and GOLD, they are as unconventional as the TABLETOP TREE of left-over Cotton limbs I made for the smaller gifts. . .


You could easily make a 'stick tree' yourself. . .Cotton stalks are not necessary. . .A LIMB from any tree would do. . .Gather the ones that are TALL and have SEVERAL BRANCHES on them. . .Stick them in a VASE. . .add ORNAMENTS. . .and you have a UNIQUE Christmas Tree!!!!
Here's a tip I learned making ours. . .Wire on ornaments when necessary. . .or if you have a cat. . .





I wrapped the packages in NEWSPAPER (without the print, of course). . .and tied with a mix of HEMP STRING and CURLY RIBBON. . .The MEDALLIONS were a banner that I cut apart. . .I also added some SNOWFLAKE ORNAMENTS for bows. . .No commercial bows for us! . .Remember. . .I'm decorating outside-the-box. . .I like this MIX OF FORMAL AND FARMHOUSE. . .
The little SANTA PILLOW goes back twenty years. . .I never tire of it, though. . .Reminds me of all the secrets I kept from Santa while growing up. . .and that makes me laugh. . .

 





Everything fits well together. . .don't you think?


Hopefully we'll have some sunshine today so I can photograph the rest of the house for you. . .
It's been cloudy for days. . .dark. . .and rain all day yesterday. . .
My old camera doesn't do well when it's dark outdoors. . .
I have the bath, the kitchen, and the keeping room to photograph and share. . .
Rooms that reflect the common theme I have going on for this Christmas. . .
PLAIN AND SIMPLE. . .GLISTENING . . .FARMHOUSE STYLE. . . .




3 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Dru this is absolutely fabulous. I love love love the tree and your packages are unique and totally beautiful.
Love this post. Swooning over your pics.
Hugs,
Kris

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This is exactly what my house wants to be when it grows up. Love it!

Mikle Jaksone said...

Hello!
Properly maintained commercial truck tires aren’t just a matter of safety and fuel economy (although that should be enough reason for any owner/operator or fleet manager); it’s a matter of federal regulation. Bus heavy duty tires

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...