Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Angel in My Kitchen!


 
 
 

 

 


 
 

 
I find pennies everywhere. . . .Bells ring this time of year an awful lot. . . .
And 'angelic' choirs fill the air with music no matter where you go. . . .
All reminders that Angels watch over us,
whether we see them or not. . . .
 
Decorating for Christmas has almost come to a stand-still here. . . .Ice, snow, and very cold temps have kept us indoors over the weekend and the farm roads are still very icy and slick. . . .Nothing much has melted with temps in the high twenties. . . .Our electricity never went off, but the internet did. . . .The winter storm was a minor glitch in our holidays compared to what others are dealing with around the country. . . .On the map it looks as if most of the US is under ice and snow!
 
The weather's been too bad to gather our Christmas tree or to venture to the storage building for more decorations. . . .Yet, I did managed to find enough greenery to decorate the baker's cabinet. . . .Faith came down from my sewing room. . . .I added a red petticoat to her clothing and let it peek out from underneath her skirt. . . . Also added some dried honeysuckle vine to her wings. . . .I think she must have been watching over us during the storm. . . .since we faired so well.
 
Faith is the last of our Angels. . . .You may remember her from the group of Delta Angels that I shared with you a while back. . . .John and I make them from parts and pieces found around the farm. . . .It's a labor of love. . . .We've sold all we had on hand, but I will never sell Faith. . . .Her clothes are made from a 1980s skirt and jacket that was my Moms. . . .She's special. . . .She brings blessings to us each Christmas and has become a tradition in our celebration of the season. . . .It wouldn't be Christmas without her!
 
 
 
We had a surprise last week! . . .We were featured in Delta Crossroads Magazine. . . .There's photos and an article about our Rag Rugs and our attempt to revive the almost lost Folk Art in the Delta area. . . .Revis also mentioned The Country Farm Home blog. . . .and a few other tidbits about our life here in the Delta. . . .
 
The magazine is found at various locations in Arkansas and Missouri, but if you'd like to see the photos and read the article, there's a free digital copy at: Delta Crossroads Magazine . . . .That's me on the Table of Contents page (pg. 15) . . . .'Rag Rug Renaissance'  begins on page 105. . . .You might want to look through the entire magazine. . . .It's the Christmas issue and full of inspiration. . . .We were so honored to be included. . . .
 
 
 
Guess that's about it for now. . . .I'm ready for all this frozen stuff to disappear, so I can continue to gather Christmas goodies. . . .Hope you're not snowed (or iced) in, too!. . . .although I have to admit, it does feel more like Christmas with the white stuff on the ground!
 
. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .

 
 **********

Last day to order at Our Old Country Store
is December 18, 2013
We'll reopen in 2014.


 


10 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Your angel is very beautiful Dru. I'm sorry you are stuck in the house with all the snow and ice outside. The US got a real blast of winter this past few days. We got a bit of snow last night and it's a bit milder today but going to be cold the rest of the week. I guess the bad weather is moving to us in the northeast now. Take care and enjoy your cozy home.

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm home with a snow day today. I'm enjoying it - but then again it's only one day.

Love the angel - and the reference to It's a wonderful life! My favorite Christmas movie!

Merry Christmas my friend!

Leann

Heide at ApronHistory said...

It has been very cold here too. We decided to stay put at our sister's last weekend as the roads were so bad and the highway was closed. A good excuse to bake more Christmas Cookies!

Junkchiccottage said...

Dru,
Your angel is breathtaking. I love her. Too cute. I think she needs to come live in my home with my angels!!!LOL. She is so beautiful. Come over and show her off on my Creating Christmas link party.
Kris

Dawn said...

The Angel is just darling, I love the primitive feel it has.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, I love, love, love your angel Faith!!! How tall is she? I think I recognize those wings!

That's amazing creativity and I don't blame you for not parting with her either.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love your angel!! She is beautiful!!
We have had a lot of snow and ice here...and they are calling for more this coming weekend. I hope not too much snow as I need to do a little Christmas shopping.
hugs,
Cindy

Jo Ann said...

Hi Dru, love the angel and her red petticoat! Hope you're able to get out soon....hard to imagine so many people dealing with snow and ice while we still have the a/c on. Seems Florida has forgotten its December! Congrats on themagazine!! Jo Ann

Sam I Am...... said...

We dodged a bullet here too! We never lost power and I found a penny on my bedroom floor! I have to go see the magazine article and visit your store. Faith is precious and you are so talented. Best of the Christmas season to you and yours!

Pam said...

I just love your beautiful angel! Cold here but no snow. Love your photo from the magazine!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...