Monday, August 25, 2014

Hiding the TV Farmhouse Style


How long has it been since I posted SHABBY MEDIA STAND FROM A VINTAGE VANITY ? . .Almost a year I think. . .


That's also how long I've looked and looked and looked for a solution that would fit into our Plain and Simple Farmhouse Style when it becomes necessary to hide the TV--mostly when we need a 1930s Era look for visitors. . .A woven throw over the TV was the best idea I had. . .Nothing else was large enough--or 'farmhouse' enough--or portable enough. . .When it's just John and me, the TV is never covered. . .We like Netflix and PBS too well.

Then one day I was cleaning out a few items of Mom's that were stored ten years ago. . .TEN YEARS AGO!!!. . .I've been in no hurry (chuckle). . .I found a big black trash bag with something very heavy in it. . .A forgotten piece of folk art found. . .from a Christmas long ago. . .a gift to my Mom. . .How many years ago was that anyway? . .I had to count on my fingers AND toes. . .and used every one of them. . .It was at least twenty years or more. . .

Oh! HOW I HOPED I'D FOUND A TV COVER-UP!

The colors were the same soft shades that I've used this Summer in the living room. . .They also compliment the soft blues in the bath. . .The folk art fits well in our 'make-do' farmhouse style. . .when not needed the fireplace screen folds up and could rest on the floor against the wall. . .Only the center panel would show. . .That might work! . .I kept my fingers crossed from the storage room to the house. . .

I'll leave you with the verdict. . .Does it work or what? . .(grin)






That's suppose to be me hanging out my favorite quilts to air. . .dressing up and playing the Farmer's Daughter. . .

If you look closely, you'll see the back of a cat in the bushes. . .That was Puppy. . .A long story. . .Just suffice it to say that I didn't like cats until Puppy came to stay with us. . .At first I refused to acknowledge he was a cat. . .Thus the name of 'Funny (looking) Puppy'--or 'Puppy" for short--took hold. . .Sure confused a lot of people in the vet's office. . .The sheep? . . .I have no idea. . .It's FOLK ART. . .You can pretty well paint as you please if you call it 'folk art'. . .(grin). . .Maybe sheep were the 'in' thing at the time?

Whatever my thoughts were, Mom loved it. . .She displayed the screen every Summer in front of the fireplace. . .and every Winter to the side of a roaring fire. . .Now it's my turn. . .

 
FARMHOUSE CHIC. . .I like it!
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Debby Ray said...

What a fantastic idea! You'd never know... :)

Heide at ApronHistory said...

It is perfect! Love the colors, love the scene. Did I get that right, you painted it? It is beautiful!

cynthia lee designs said...

Great place to hide the TV behind the pretty painted screen.
~Cindy

Florida Farm Girl said...

That is wonderful!!! As much as we all have that love/hate thing with TV/s, they still look like big, black holes in a room.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So cute Dru. I love, love it!
hugs,
Jann

A Joyful Cottage said...

It's wonderful! I love it. A clever cover up and one I'd enjoy using in my own home. Who knows? Maybe I'll do something like this. It's a great idea. :)

Sam I Am...... said...

Awesome idea and what a beautiful painting! You are so talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...