Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Simple Harvest Table Several Ways


"EAT YOUR HEART OUT, P. ALLEN SMITH"
Those were John's words when he walked through the breezeway porch and saw our Harvest Table. . .While I'm not even in the league of *Allen Smith. . .(John was just kidding around). . .I have to admit I have gotten more than a few tips from his website. . .His style mixes parts of the past with an eye for the present. . .I often do the same. . .

 

 
As I've stated again and again, Fall is my favorite time of the year. . .From the first frost on the pumpkins to the promise of a New Year, excitement stirs over and over as each holiday arrives. . .The days go by so quickly. . .the level of "busy" increases. . .and the hustle and bustle is in full force. . .


But it is also a time of feeling warm and cuddly by the fire. . .of gathering with family and friends. . .of remembering those who made our lives so special in past holidays.
For our Harvest Table, I decided to make it simple and all natural. . .just as the first Thanksgiving might have been. . .We have several occasions coming up in which we will utilize the table in different ways. . .

For a simple luncheon. . .


 For a magazine photo shoot. . .





For a candlelight dinner. . .









Some old jugs and redware, a vintage quilt, harvested gourds, dried grapevine, burlap, craft paper, a few candles and some dried berries. . .and I was done. . .making the table look welcoming and warm. . .Another plus is that it keeps holiday storage at a minimum. . .

 

I have pretty much decided to decorate for the holidays from this day on with natural and found materials. . .It just seems to set our home apart from the norm, while adding a spark of one's own personality and making it special for our family. . .I might add that it brings forth compliments from the Honey, too. . .He actually noticed this table. . .WOW. . .
Time now to move on to Christmas decor. . .Let's see. . .Maybe some wooden buckets and crates. . .more old crocks. . .pantry boxes. . .firkins. . .old barrels and kegs. . .limbs of cotton. . .evergreens. . .vines. . .small, potted trees. . .lots of candles. . .For sparkle, I'll bring the collection into this era with glass balls. . .strands of lights. . .modern fabrics. . .and. . .
Well. . .You'll just have to watch and see. . .
I will say this, though. . .it's Christmas decor that I'm totally excited about. . .
PLAIN AND SIMPLE. . .

 
  
PLEASE NOTE: There's a new tab above for SELECTED FALL POSTS.
Check it out. . .
I'll be adding tabs for WINTER, SPRING, AND SUMMER, too.
Whatever the Season, you will find INSPIRATION AT
THE COUNTRY FARM HOME

 
 
 *P. Allen Smith's Moss Mountain Farm is in Arkansas, 
where most of his TV shows are taped. 
Visit his website at: 


3 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love your use of a quilt as a tablecloth! Very lovely!

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey girlfriend! See you've been busy. Looks fabulous, of course!

Becky said...

Your table is beautiful! Love it all, especially the red ware. It really pops against all the neutral items you used. I don’t have any cream colored jugs but I have two brown ones so maybe I’ll try something similar with those. You are always so inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...