Thursday, November 19, 2015

Simple Seven

 
 
HEART WEATH--ANGEL--WINDOW--
CANDLE--TWO GOURDS--HONEYSUCKLE VINE
=THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE SEVEN  
I've learned something about myself. . .I've become a PRETTY SIMPLE GAL. . .in my HOME. . .in my FASHION interests. . .in my entire LIFESTYLE. . .As I have taken on more responsibilities around the farm, I've had much less time to do anything not SIMPLISTIC. . .To my surprise, it has turned out to be a positive thing. . .I don't know why it's such a surprise because I began this journey with THE COUNTRY FARM HOME to find my decorating style. . .I coined the phrase 'PLAIN AND SIMPLE FARMHOUSE STYLE' and knew the direction I was taking. . .Little did I know, though, that I would get SIMPLER and SIMPLER and SIMPLER. . .If you've been reading the blog for a few years, you've seen the evolution. . .
I think this is the simplest and quickest grouping I've ever done. . .Yes, you've probably seen the SIMPLE SEVEN before. . .but placing them together up high changed everything. . .
 
 
Most of the SIMPLE SEVEN were headed to storage when I thought to myself. . .What could I display above the kitchen storage cabinets for this time between Halloween and Christmas?. . .I started grabbing from the pile. . .cleared off the area above the cabinets. . .and up went the HEART WREATH. . .the GOURDS. . .the WINDOW. . .the ANGEL. . .the CANDLE. . .I stepped back and looked. . .It needed something more. . .something to tie everything together. . .Then I glanced out the kitchen window and saw a pile of cuttings that had been left to carry to the compost pile. . . THE HONEYSUCKLE VINE !!!. . ."PERFECT'. . .I ran out and  grabbed it. . .came back in and literally threw the tangled mess on top. . .Fifteen minutes and I'm done. . .LOVE IT !!!!!
It was at that moment it dawned on me. . .
I must have become a PRETTY SIMPLE GAL. . .

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

HausNo7 said...

Love it ♥
Greatings
Manuela

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Simple is good and you've mastered the art! So pretty!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Decorating my own house has taught me how simple I like things too. Isn't decorating fascinating? It has really taught me a lot about how I make decisions, which I think has helped me made them better. (Decisions have always been the bane of my existence! I would much prefer someone else make them.)

Very lovely look. Love the honeysuckle vine touch.

Deb said...

So pretty.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Lovely!!! I do my share of 'throwing' things together to - with what happens to be lying around. Guess it's called 'life moving too fast'... but most of the time it works. What you've done here is just beautiful!

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything is so pretty!!
~Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...