Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A LITTLE HOMESPUN. . .A LITTLE PRIMITIVE. . .LOVE IT



There is nothing I love more than HOMESPUN. . .HANDMADE. . .items for our FARMHOUSE HOME. . .and John has sure come up with a couple of winners in my book. . .He was working in his shop again several weeks ago. . .but this time, instead of making looms,  he surprised me with two items I have wanted for a very long time. . .Junking trip after junking trip I have coveted the candle boxes and wooden washboards in prim booths at the antique malls. . .and every time I do, John said, 'That would be easy to make. . .' Then it's forgotten. . .until our next picking journey. . .


I didn't need a real antique. . .I only wanted that PRIM look. . .I knew John was right. . .He could carve it. . .but when?

Well, I guess he got bored with all the rain and bad weather we've been having. . .sat down one day. . .and began to make my wishes come true. . .


 A beautiful hanging CANDLE BOX. . .



and. . .two. . .count them. . .two WASHBOARDS. . .
He said he couldn't decide which one to give me. . .so I got both. . .
LOVE it when that happens. . .


Yes. . .They are primitive. . .and Yes. . .It took him a while to get his technique 'in the groove'. . .(pun intended). . .but. . .He sure mastered it in the end. . .didn't he? . .I am so blessed to have such a talented guy. . .


A LITTLE HOMESPUN. . .A LITTLE PRIMITIVE. . .LOVE IT. . .
and. . .
It's just in time for SPRING CLEANING. . .ugh. . .






1 comment:

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Wow! The washboard and candlebox are amazing. What beautiful treasures your hubby whipped up for you. Jane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...