Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Table is Set for a Holiday Dinner



It's looking like Christmas at the farmhouse!


I have a sweet, sweet bachelor cousin who never forgets to send me a gorgeous poinsettia every Christmas.  He began his own tradition years ago with my Mom and Aunts. Nothing could have pleased Mom any more. She loved poinsettias--red or white. I took her to Hawaii one time to a place where they grow in abundance along the side of the road--pulled the car over and let her drink in the beauty. She talked about the bank of poinsettias for years later.

This year's poinsettia arrived a few days ago--just in time for a small dinner party--couldn't resist giving it a place of honor. . . . Of course, I had to turn it into farmhouse style with a vintage galvanized bucket. . . .






The entire table is set with items I already had handy. . . .I do have Christmas dinnerware--somewhere--in storage. Instead of spending a day looking for it,  I opened up the  kitchen cupboards and began layering--a new cotton runner I finished this week, napkins and vintage doilies, mismatched silverware, fun with ironstone pieces and vintage plates. . . .





Then I decided to actually USE the crystal. . . .I've had it for years--moved it all around the country with me--time to put it to work. . . .It added just the right amount of sparkle to the table. . . .







With the fire crackling in the background, I love the way everything has come together. The checkerboard floor and black Windsor chairs certainly set the stage. . . .I'm not sure what pops the most--the touches of black and white or the reds. . . .




Just another example of how common everyday items can turn into farmhouse style. . . .




 Christmas Blessings to You and Yours. . . .

25 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Beautiful floor. Love the farmhouse table. The little boots are precious. Love the little bowl and pitchers too.

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful tablescape. Love the milk glass chicken. Love everything actually in this post! xo

Mary Ann said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your table is gorgeous! I love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so gorgeous. I love the gingham and old doilies together, what a cute idea.

Thanks for giving us another shot of your beautiful checkerboard floor.
blessings, jill

Ruth @ White Whimsy said...

Gorgeous table setting and the little red boots, TO CUTE!!! I would love to have a meal at your place.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Lovely!
I love the 50s red fruit tablecloth tucked around the pointsettia.

Old Time Cindy said...

Sweet and simple! Dang, I never thought about little pitchers at each place setting. Great idea!
Farmhouse Holiday Hugs,
Cindy

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Just gorgeous! I love the table right by the fire. So dreamy.
Karen

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks so beautiful. What a gorgeous poinsettia. I like the use of mismatched china and silverware with the crystal.

cynthia lee designs said...

Simply Beautiful!!
I have that same vintage table cloth that you have by the poinsettia in the galvanized bucket...and I love that you tucked it in the bucket!!
hugs,
Cindy

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Your home is just beautiful, and that glorious pointsetta in the center of it all is perfect! Love your tablescape.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love your vintage table! It's so beautiful!

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Love it all -- especially the poinsettia tradition. :)

Junkchiccottage said...

This is really lovely. So beautiful and simple. Love all the touches of red. It really is pretty.
Kris

Unknown said...

You are most creative and artistic. Your table setting is lovely, like from a page of an Interior Design magazine. Happy Holidays

Ann said...

The poinsettia takes center stage with such beauty. The red boots with the springs of green are such a vibrant addition. Everything is lovely for a Christmas table. The floor does add to the sceene.
Ann

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow, Dru, that is just so pretty! Look at those little milk pitchers!!! You never stop amazing me with all of your wonderful imagination. Please come to my house and help me decorate! I like to use what I have, too. But you sure have a great way of pulling it together to look not only simple and farm house, but it is so beautiful!!
Your cousin is just so sweet to send you the poinsettia every year, what a great guy.
Blessings,
Susie

Pam said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful!! Love the milk glass nesting hen.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Down Blueberry Lane said...

I'm a newbie to your blog. I will definitely be back. I really love your farmhouse style. Everything about this post is beautiful and so inspiring.
Have a great day!

Egretta Wells blog said...

Well, this is my absolute favorite table setting/decoration I have seen the whole year and I am constantly looking! I adore everything about it! It should be featured in a magazine for sure. I am so inspired.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Dru, Thanks for sharing this inspirational post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Just beautiful!

Jody

Diane said...

Such a lovely table. You have truly captured the farmhouse style. Love your open hearth fireplace as well!

Maureen Wyatt said...

The red against all that black and white is stunning! Love the little boots, the poinsettia in the bucket and that roaring fire. Mixing crystal in with the everyday makes it all so much fun!

Susie said...

I am crazy for the black and white tiles, the black chairs and the farm table. Beautiful decorations also.xo,Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...