Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sweet Little Wicker Chair Inspires Changes in the Living Room


I was beginning to think this day would never come. . .I've dreamed. . .I've planned. . .I've waited. . .and waited. . .and waited. . .I've teased you as well as myself. . .The time is here! THIS will be the Summer of a 'new' living room. . .This sweet little chair got me started. . .Although I may not use it in the living room, it was while I was photographing it in front of the glass front cabinet that I began to dream again--no--not dream--It was a decision I made--to get this room together.

With the nice weather--there's a lot of activity going on around the farm. . . The farmers are planting from sunrise to sunset. . .and here at the historic district, we're replacing the wrap-around porch on the house. . .the log house is on it's way up (finally). . .the country store is taking shape after a major clean-out. . .our collection of twenty treadle sewing machines are being made ready for display in the store. . . Inside our home, the living room and one bedroom will be getting a new floor, new paint, new curtains, new slip-covers. . .I should wait to work on the living room until the new floor is down. . . but I'm not. . .No telling when we'll have the time to do it. . .Our priority list is long. . .and I didn't want to live another minute in junky chaos (my definition of the living room now). . .It might be the end of Summer before John and I can get to the floor. . .No more waiting!


I will be taking down the 1930s bark cloth drapes and replacing them with sheers--at least for the summer. . .I've already moved in a second couch and a prim table. . .but, mostly I've moved things out. . .simplified. . .Don't want a lot of clutter.


And, the vintage wicker chair? . . Where does it fit in? . . Not sure, yet. . .It might stay. . .or not. . .You'll have to watch and see. . .It was another of my finds--the day I picked up the ladder for the bath. . .I did have to pay $5 for it. . .almost 'free'. . .It caught my eye because of it's shabby, faded seat cover and it's chippy, white paint. . .I thought it would go well in the bedroom sitting in front of the vanity. . .Now that I see it in the living room, I'm not so sure. . .


Such a simple little chair to inspire me to 'get to work'. . .I think it's lovely. . .
Wherever it ends up!

 
. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .

 
WATCH FOR A GIVEAWAY NEXT WEEK!
 


8 comments:

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Its funny the things that will get a person moving. Blogging helps me with that. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Enjoy the journey.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!! I love the wicker and the wooden box too.

Have a good day,
Birgit

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Oh it is lovely! Have fun with your re-do of the living room!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Perhaps I NEED a sweet vintage wicker chair to help me overcome my 'junky chaos'!!!
love the chair...I've been thinking on sheers lately too~
Can't wait to see it all. ;)
Pat

cynthia lee designs said...

Can't wait to see the changes in your living room. I've been trying to get a less is more look with my decorating...so I've been trying to decide what stays and what goes.
hugs,
Cindy

Pam said...

Beautiful I love wicker. I have a gorgeous wicker rocker in my guest room.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Maureen Wyatt said...

When inspiration strikes you have to go with it! It's a sweet, little chair and the kind of thing that can move around the house as you mood changes. I love a piece of furniture that can do that.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yes, it's lovely Dru. Will be a pretty addition anywhere in your farmhouse! You have got a lot of plans. Hubby and I are working on planning a garden shed. Yahoo! May be a while before we even get started, but I can't wait!
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...