Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Spring Brings New Beginnings



I'm thinking SPRING these days. . .and with Spring comes new beginnings. . .One of which is a new camera. . .My older one was just not good enough for magazine images. . .Plus, I have dropped the old one so many times that a lot of functions didn't work. . .This new Canon has more buttons and whistles than I know what to do with. . .But, I'll eventually figure it out. . .I do love the clarity, which I'm sure will be even better once I learn how to operate it. . .
I set up the kitchen area very simply done. . .to play a little with the camera settings. . .To my surprise, I actually like this simple look. . .Might be another new beginning for me?


We are also changing the focus of our work at the historic district. . .reducing the many tours and workshops to only a few by special appointment. . .John will be shifting to more restoration work. . .I'll have more time to be a 'keeper of the past'. . .and to do what I love. . .write. . .'telling their stories'. . .This should be a plus for the blogs. . .


And. . .of course. . .there are the articles I'll be writing for COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE. . .My first one is out!!!!. . .I totally love working with the editor, DJ Williams. . .It takes a bit more time than I thought it would. . .mainly because she doubled my word count and images. . .but I actually find that easier. . .It was harder to tell a story in just a few words. . .You know me by now. . .I do like to spin a yarn. . .


Based on the story of my grandparent's new beginnings in the Delta, in this first issue I take the readers to SPRINGTIME AT THE COMPANY STORE. . .with our old country store featured. . .of course. . .


In another publication, one of The Country Farm Home posts from past years will be featured in the Spring issue. . . It's not the first time we've been in DELTA CROSSROADS. . .but somehow every issue feels like it. . .


It seems we're a lot like the jonquils. . .popping up all over the place. . .but in new and exciting ways. . .New beginnings couldn't have come at a better time than Spring. . .



5 comments:

MarthaJane said...

Lovely! Where'd you get that bunny?

Winnie said...

HI Drew, I have been following your lovely blog for years but never posted. I wanted to leave a comment regarding how much I loved Boo's testimony you gave as I lost my dearest kitty this past December. It was a lovely tribute you gave.

As a new subscriber to Country Rustic Magazine, I am anxiously awaiting the newest issue to see the changes and now to enjoy your contributions! Dj Williams did a fantastic job with Mercantile Gatherings and I can't wait to see what is in store with this new make over.

Becky said...

So pretty. I love all your wooden utensils.

Unknown said...

So many fabulous items, and I love them all. Thank you for sharing.

TipsNow said...

Your site its perfect!!!
tipsnow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...