Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Breakfast in Bed

Doesn't this look like a little bit of heaven on earth?



I'll tell you a secret, if you'll promise not to tell a certain someone. . . .
I have a surprise for my "Santa" this Christmas. . . .a Holiday Breakfast in bed. . . .I got the idea this morning. . . .







 I found myself at home alone today--rain was pitter-pattering on the tin roof. . . .A lazy kind of day. . . .I love napping when it's cloudy and gray. . . .Hmmmmm. . . .Maybe this was a day to pamper myself. . . .




Maybe a pot of coffee, a few magazines, turn on the Christmas tree, and enjoy the silence. . . .
What a wonderful morning. . . .




 After a short nap, I awoke with an idea. . . .what I think is an inspired idea. . . .a special Christmas breakfast in bed for my "Santa Honey". . . .




So, I did a trial run. . . .I'd just made my "famous" Moon Pie Bread Pudding. . . .Ok--so it's not world famous--yet. . . .but, it IS delicious!
There was still some coffee left. . . .How should I arrange the tray?

It wasn't long until I had everything set up the way I wanted. . . .Then I finished decorating the bedroom for Christmas. . . . and took photographs so I wouldn't forget how I arranged the tray. . . .



 Thought I'd share them with you. . . .



I'm depending on all of you to keep my secret. . . .Maybe I'll surprise him on Christmas Eve, since things get a little hectic after that. . . .What do you think?. . . Can you keep my secret?. . . .




If you promise you will, I'll share the recipe for Moon Pie Bread Pudding tomorrow. . . .



Of course, after going to all this trouble arranging the tray, someone had to get back in bed and enjoy it . . . .

Ahhhhh. . . . a little bit of heaven. . . .


from my farmhouse to yours. . . .

Click here for: Moon Pie Bread Pudding


24 comments:

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Oh it looks beautiful! I love that vintage bed tray. I can't wait for your recipe!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Prairie Blue... said...

what a sweet....wonderful post!.....i know your special sweetie will appreciate all the trouble you are going to.....i can just sense the love you have for each other!....blessings~denise

Julie Marie said...

Yes... that looks like PURE Heaven!... love your sweet little kitty on the bed... kitty kisses little one!... if you read my latest post, you know I CANNOT keep a secret!... but I will try to keep yours!... xoxo Julie Marie

chateau chic said...

Oh my, that does look like Heaven to me!! Not only does the bread pudding look out of this world, the tray is so delightfully beautiful. Do you make house calls??
Mary Alice

Old Time Cindy said...

You sure are in the spirit of Christmas now! Geez...look at that tray...it's so pretty! You inspire me! And please tell me that your famous recipe has no sugar and no calories. :)
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So so sweet and romantic. I love this.
Karen

Anne said...

YUM! What a sweet thing to do! I am sure he will be very happy with that surprise!I would love the recipe!
xx
Anne

Barbara F. said...

Wow! This looks gorgeous!! I'd love to be a guest at your home.;-) xo

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Beautiful post Dru. I think your Santa was pretty good this year especially helping with the checkerboard floor painting!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Your Mr Santa will surely enjoy his pampering from his Mrs. And I look forward to your recipe. The bedroom decorating looks like you enjoyed your lazy day. What a warm and loving heart you have.
Blessings,
Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

Dru...your "Santa Honey" is going to love his breakfast in bed. I'll keep your secret. Can't wait for you to share your Moon Pie Bread Pudding recipe.
hugs,
Cindy

Lucy said...

Oh, I can't wait to get the recipe!! Your dear husband certainly did find himself a mighty fine lady!! I am soooo impressed!

Barbara Jean said...

so very fun!!
and your bedroom....absolutely gorgeous!!

blessings
barb

Unknown said...

Looks delightful!He will be sure to love it!

Pam said...

How lovely! Looks delicious! Love all of the vintage white clothing and the sweet kitty curled up on the bed!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Olive said...

Beautiful and I love bread pudding. Your vintage clothing is splendid in your bedroom.

Sandy said...

Your beautiful post feels like a
Calgon moment... how nice to
have this served in bed.. but then
back to reality..
Happy Holidays
Sandy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Getting back in bed and eating that is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. lol! What a sweet surprise for Santa hubby. I'll try not to tell. Sure hope he doesn't read this. My hubby reads mine. No secrets safe on my blog. Love your beautiful and cozy room. The tray looks like it dropped down straight from heaven.
Hugs,
Jann

Maria said...

This sure does look like heaven on earth! Looks wonderfully peaceful and relaxing!

Robin Johnson said...

What a great idea. I'm sure it will be a hit!

Anonymous said...

Super fun post and cute idea! Your breakfast tray is beautiful and the moon pie bread pudding sounds decadent! I am trying NOT to click on the recipe link :)
Merry Merry,
Jenna

Lalu Larra said...

Beautiful! I would love to be pamphered with breakfast in bed ;) Alas, I stay alone :D

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful surprise on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love all your photos for a perfect morning.

Jody

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...