Saturday, December 12, 2020

More Of The Mini Log Cabin Collection From Country Rustic Magazine

The WINTER ISSUE OF COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE is on the stands. . .where. . .inside I have two articles! . .FAMILY STORIES INSPIRE A LOG CABIN COLLECTION. . .AND. . .DIY LOG CABIN ORNAMENT. . .

As always, I took so many more photos than were used. . .Ya just never know what will make the final cut. . .And, too, I love being able to share a few of the left-overs with you. . .Of course. . .to view some of the best shots (and the story), you'll have to get a copy of the magazine. . .but maybe these few will inspire you to include some collections in your Christmas decor. . .

Your collection doesn't have to be mini log cabins. . .nor does it have to specifically for the holidays. . .Anything that you treasure. . .and maybe brings good memories. . .could be displayed and enjoyed at Christmas more than any other time of the year. . .

Your collection display doesn't always have to be front and center either. . .For the most part, I like to tuck the really small log houses in among other decor. . .In fact, I want the smaller ones to be a part of a larger vignette. . .


 

It was these smallest log cabins that inspired me to design a log house ornament out of cinnamon sticks. . .


 Here is one of them below. . .partially finished. . .(instructions in Country Rustic Magazine)

But there are a few cabins in my collection that demand one's full attention. . .

Such as a log cabin doll house. . .

or a tenant cabin crafted after one of the past houses on our farm. . .

And. . .where else should the log cabin tins be than in the kitchen?


By placing pieces of your collection among the other holiday decor. . .it becomes more personalized. . .and hopefully will make you smile every time you see it. . .

You'll find more log cabins and vignettes in the WINTER ISSUE OF COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE of course. . .along with other great articles and photos. . .I think it's one of the best issues yet.

 I haven't forgotten my promise to return with some of this year's Farmhouse Holiday Decor. . .I won't even go into all the unplanned things that have gone on, keeping me from finishing the decorations. . .which is actually funny because I never feel it's ever complete. . .Maybe I should say I'm about to be satisfied with what has been done. . .(grin)

1 comment:

Henny Penny said...

Oh, I love all the little log cabins. What a neat collection. I've looked for Country Rustic Magazine in our small town but can't find one. I would especially love to have this Christmas issue. I will put it on my list for when we're out Christmas shopping this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...