Sunday, October 30, 2016

Loving FALL



FALL is my time of the year. . .There's something about a change in the seasons that invigorates me. . .Maybe it's because our Summers are so HOT and HUMID that any task outdoors is a struggle. . .Then the days get shorter. . .the mornings are crisp and cool. . .the wind gently blows. . .and most of all. . .the excitement of Harvest fills the air. . .


Maybe it just happens to a FARMER'S DAUGHTER. . .Maybe you have to be born with gumbo (blue clay) between your toes. . .All I know is. . .I LOVE IT!
If it could be FALL all year round, I would be happy. . .





We're having a very mild one. . .In fact, the temperatures are rather high. . .but the humidity is gone. . .and I'm spending just about every spare minute outdoors preparing for WINTER. . .knowing it will be coming soon. . .I try not to think about it. . .and enjoy every last ounce of Harvest Time that I can drink in.
LOVING FALL is easy. . .Don't you agree?

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .


and. . .AT THE DUNCAN FARMSTEAD. . .


1 comment:

srpprcrftr said...

Know how you feel about Fall.When we lived in western KY Fall was so gorgeous with leaves turned (lived out in country), cooler temps with low humidity, but summers were killers with 100 degrees and 100% humidity. Winters seemed so much colder in KY than MT where we had 25 below during day for weeks our first winter. We lived in high desert south of Helena on Canyon Ferry Lake.
Moving to KY after living in very dry climate (MT) was shock to my system. Had terrible allergies and asthma along with chronic arthritis. Had allergies in MT also, very allergic to Cottonwood trees along lake and altitude sickness going from sea level (San Diego)to 4400 altitude was not easy to adjust to. Was 52 when we moved to MT and 59 when we moved to KY.
Love your blog.

Hope you have wonderful Fall week. Take care of your hands picking cotton.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...