Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Great Hwy 25 Yard Sale Treasure Hunt

  
Day 2

I just have a few minutes before we head out again for the Missouri 100 mile yard sale on Highway 25, but I wanted to share some of our finds from Friday.  Day 1 was just as successful, but I committed the almost unforgivable  "sin" of failing  to recharge the batteries in my camera. So sorry. But, I'm sure you'll get the idea of all the treasures available along the route from this one day.

We began our treasure hunt in Kennett, bright and early, heading north. . .
Only 30 minutes later and covering 2 miles, the truck was already filling up. . .


In Malden, we spent a lot of time with Jerry. Such a nice local vendor. . .
Vintage garden chairs, primitive tables, iron beds, galvanized buckets--we continued to load the truck. . .


We only traveled half of the 100 mile route Friday, ending our day in Bernie. There were so many yard sales in that little town that we just did not have the time or energy to go on.


Don't want to bore you with a lot of photos of the actual yard sales. You all know what one looks like. . .
I do want to share some photos I took this morning as we unpacked part of the truck--just a few of the finds. . .

 Vintage garden furniture, a child's iron bed, baskets, birdhouses, table and sink, lattice. . .
 Poor little Dutch girl needs a paint job, but for $1, I couldn't pass her up. . .


Tins, a pick sack, cotton carders, vintage kitchen items. . .just a few we found. . .

My personal favorites--vintage clothing. . .

Bake-lite jewelry. . .great red shoes. . .1940s style dress. . .

 Handbags and hats. . .



Quilts, vintage patterns. . .

Vintage ties for John. . .


Barrels, galvanized tins, a barrel wood stove. . .

Money spent?
Are you ready for this?
$155 for both Thursday and Friday. . .
What FUN. . .

You still have time. . .
Some sales will continue through Monday. . .


 Hook up the ole buggy and head that way. . .
The Bootheel of Missouri is brimming with treasures this weekend. . .



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I lived closer--and didn't have to work!!!! Looks like so much fun!!!!!! Great photographs

SouthernSimplicity said...

Hot. Windy. Lots of walking, loading, and driving. Met new people. Saw new things. Bought a lot more than expected. I wouldn't have missed it for anything!!!!!!

Roan said...

Now that's a lot of bang for the buck! I remember those Krey lard cans. Mom used it to make pie crust back in the day.

Kranky Granny said...

I am a auctioneers daughter and your photos tell me you had a full, fun, and very profitable day.

I will have to look into this 100 mile sale for next year. We have been considering doing the "Worlds longest yard sale " one of these days. We can cut our teeth on this small one.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh WOW...wish we could have been there for this! You found some wonderful treasures to be sure. That little Dutch girl...I have one like it only she is blue and she's bending over to get a kiss from a little Dutch boy which we have. Ours came from the home of a dear friend of ours who passed away. He was from Holland and his nickname was Dutch...Ruby was his wife and the love of his life. Our little Dutch boy and girl carry their names. I'd LOVE to have that carriage!

Unknown said...

I know someone that could paint real good like that little Dutch girl my mother in law can paint them really good....

Unknown said...

My mother in law Joyce and I can help with the painting of the things.... I love antique stuff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...