Friday, November 18, 2016

You Won't See This Christmas Tree in a Store



I'm anything but TRADITIONAL when it comes to CHRISTMAS TREES. . .For years Fred (the ficus) was decorated with lights and tiny baskets, red bows and small glass balls. . .I think Santa got a little confused for several years. . .not sure where to put the packages. . .but it all worked out. . .This year, in keeping with my unconventional sense of humor, I chose something fairly unorthodox. . .a COTTON TREE. . .


Most folks don't know that COTTON is actually a tree. . .If you leave it alone and don't harvest it, a Cotton stalk will continue to grow. . .That's what happened to this beauty. . .I spotted it in a ditch at my cousin's farm a couple of months ago. . .Evidently a stray seed landed there while planting in the Spring. . .Since it was in the ditch, it wasn't susceptible to the usual spraying and chemicals and harvesting. . .I watched it as it grew. . .and grew. . .and grew. . .


In fact. . .it grew so much that John returned for a chain saw after I had sent him down to cut it. . .Yes. . .This is all one tree. . .Yet another of my INSPIRATION for a Christmas tree that you sure won't find in a store. . .We LOVE it. . .








11 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

And what's not to love! Beautiful!!! (no cotton trees around here - you must live in a whole other climate) :)

Junkchiccottage said...

So unique and sooooo pretty. Love this. Happy Friday.
Hugs,
Kris

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love it! Are the green things on there cotton pods(?) before they open? I love your white and gold decorating this year.

Unknown said...

I want one!!! So, so pretty, and very creative!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love it too! I'm all for unconventional. I'm a bit tired of seeing regular Christmas trees. Thinking I probably won't put one up unless I come up with something "outside of the proverbial box" like your cotton tree.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Love it! Natural yet with Dru's touch.

Unknown said...

Being from New Madrid County this made me smile, and a little homesick.. love. Your blog it's like a visit home.

srpprcrftr said...

Oh shucks, saw some picks today at michaels which were faux cotton bolls,done right they could be made into tree,now wish had bought some but was watching my spending, drat. By time I have some money again will be gone.
Very original and decorative, whole lot easier to un-decorate than tree and can still use cotton tree after holidays. DRAT!
Kudos for originality, light and airy.

Have great weekend

Jennifer Williams said...

Love, love, love this cotton tree! And you have decorated it so beautifully. Well Done! :-)

Pamela Gordon said...

What a sweet idea! I love this tree and the colour theme you've chosen this year (in your previous post). Very pretty!

Sheryl992 said...

Beautiful!! What a wonderful idea! Now everyone will want one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...