Friday, August 8, 2014

Vintage Ads+Graphic Art+Apple Red Metal=Smiles

 
Friends who have joined us on our back porch--that we call a breezeway--this Summer say it's true. . .They can't help but smile when they walk in the door. . .setting the stage for a delightful visit. . .And, who wouldn't smile with this winning combination? . . It all began with the little red cabinet I bought for $10. . .The advertising pages were already glued on. . .It was RED. . .I loved it. . .One day I had the 7-Up case and vintage beverage bottles in my hands to take to the store museum. . .Had to set them down on the red cabinet while I left to answer the phone. . .Came back and recognized a vignette in the making. . .So bright and fun for the Summer. . .Talk about shear 'luck'. . .
 
Doesn't it make YOU smile?











6 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've got a nice bright welcome for anybody visiting your house, Dru! I can't help but wonder, was a Double Cola the "energy drink" of its day? The graphics on your 7up crate are in great shape!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I could never have given up that soda crate. It has just the right amount of vintage age to it.
Brenda

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Dru,
Love the 7 up crate and bottles. Those are just so great. Have a wonderful week end.
Kris

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You know me and red. . .of course it makes me smile! Love everything about it Dru!!
hugs,
Jann

The Old Parsonage said...

Yep it looks perfect and guess what I have the same exact one!! LOL!

I'm off to play catch-up with you.

Leann

Little Susie Home Maker said...

It looks great! And I always love red!
Blessings,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...