Saturday, February 1, 2020

Something Old-Something New


Don't get excited. . .It's not a wedding. . .Just a little change in the bathroom that's fun. . .At first glance, can you tell what's real. . .and what's not?  I had John doing a double-take when I placed my thrift store find (the big painting/print) behind this grouping. . .The blue Ball canning jar looks even more real than it does here. . .If it weren't for the painted flowers, it might be very hard to tell. . .


It's also hard to tell that the bird isn't part of the print, isn't it?. . .Everything just comes together. . .the old water basin and pitcher. . .the new painting/print. . .the blue berries. . .and the blue bird. . .for a setting that teases the eyes. . .fitting right in with plain and simple style.

I do hope that posts like these will encourage you. . .and show how to decorate in style without spending a lot of money. . .I do prefer buying as many decorator pieces as possible from yard sales and thrift stores. . .because I don't feel I have to keep it forever as I would if I'd paid big bucks. . .I can store or donate those items without any feeling of guilt. . .It's a win-win all the way around. . .

Speaking of Spring. . .(I was, you know). . .I've seen a preview of the Spring 2020 Issue of Country Rustic Magazine and I'm telling you, it is WONDERFUL. . .DJ has been playing with new layouts. . .and working harder with each issue to make it better than the last one. . .You should be getting yours through the mail or see it on news stands soon. . .


Of course, Spring at The Country Farm Home is featured in it, too. . .
You know you can't miss that story!!!
It's the third in the series of four seasons at the farm.
I can hardly believe there's only one more. . .



3 comments:

Alice D. said...

You had me there for a minute. I love your sense of humor.

Angie Berry ~ A Vintage Journey said...

What an awesome find! I love blue jars, well any kind of jar, haha. Can't believe you found that at a thrift store. The bird is cute too. I have birds in my bathroom so this whole vignette would look so pretty in there.

The beauty of having booths is that when I'm ready to pass on something that I bought at a thrift store and had in my home for awhile... can just go to my booth so I can re-coup some of the money. Definitely a win-win. Have a delightful week~

playbajar said...

Running is a fantastic workout, that can also be exhausting. By only running about half of your normal run one week out of every six weeks, you can minimize the damage running does to your body. Lowering your mileage like this allows your body to rest, giving it a chance to repair any damage and prevent long-term problems that can develop when the body isn't given a chance to recover.
satta king
play bazaar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...