Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Country Bedroom 1930s Style

I love this bedroom!
I call it "Farm Style Chic."

 It could be considered 1930s style and old fashioned. 
But, here at the historic district, that's what we're all about!












The entire bedroom is filled with vintage items and family mementos.

And, lots and lots of roses and lace and flowers.






Shirley Temple was a favorite child actor during the 30s. 
That's me on the left. 
My hair was just as curly as Shirley's!

A pair of Mom's gloves. . .
A porcelain shoe from my Grandmother Duncan. . .



 

A thrift store dresser. . .
Pink silk roses from Aunt Mamie. . .
Stacked jewelry boxes from each of the Magers women. . .
Beautiful crystal lamps from Grandmother Duncan. . .


A vintage pink linen frock and hat 
that Aunt Mamie once wore. . .
Did I mention she loved pink roses?


And, more vintage family clothing from several eras.


Any one of the dresses could have been stitched on a machine like this one.
The Bruce Treadle Sewing Machine came from an auction in Missouri.
It still works as if it were brand new.


Hats and dresses from two Grandmothers.


Yes, I am aware that the hats don't match the time period of the dresses.
There's a reason for it.
Each hat is placed on a dress of it's owner. 
I remember my Grandmother Magers wearing the hat on the right
 to church almost every Sunday.
That's her ca 1910 dress.


Gotta have a fan to keep cool in the summer. . .
found in the farm workshop.


Two vintage china dogs from my huge collection.
Daddy started that collection when I was 4 or 5,
with a small Scotty dog from the Five and Dime.
To this day, I can't resist buying "just one more."



Farm Style Chic. . .

17 comments:

Rosie said...

So soothing and relaxing! I'd love to be a guest in your home. . .hint, hint. . .

Vicki said...

What a beautiful bedroom! Wonderful memories and so very warm...Thank You for sharing...

Betsy said...

Is the cat real?

The Farmers Daughter said...

No, this cat is not real. I do have a "house cat" named Boo. We also have two barn cats named Little Bit and Mr. Smokey.

Old Time Cindy said...

You are so fortunate to have so much passed down to you especially the clothing. I truly wish I had more from my grandparents. They were so influential in my life.
So nice to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, it looks absolutely beautiful!!~
Thanks so much for sharing with us!!
Hope you have a lovely night.
Sincerely,
Melinda

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful bedroom! So lovely with family history and memories :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

chateau chic said...

Definitely farm style chic! Love your family vintage dresses and hats. Great to still have those.
I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by.
Mary Alice

All Things Chic 2 said...

Wow what amazing vintage dresses...
Love the white bedspread too...
Your newest follower...
I invite you to visit my world as well...
Blessings Lori

MONICA LIVAS said...

Lovely bedroom, it looks so vintage and classy!

Hugs from Turkey.

http://ahouseofonesown-monicalivas.blogspot.com/

Monica.

MONICA LIVAS said...

What a lovely and warm bedroom! ıt looks so vintage and classy.

Hugs from Turkey.

http://ahouseofonesown-monicalivas.blogspot.com/

Monica.

stefanie said...

sooooooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Definately the way a bedroom would have looked back then, love the way you displayed the dresses, and the reflection in the mirror, you are lucky to have them, it is beautiful!

The Decorating Diaries said...

I think Aunt Mamie and I would have gotten along well. The room is wonderful.

Janet

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the way that you have preserved all those family memories. Followed over from Feathered Nest.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Anonymous said...

I love the antique sewing machine. I bought one exactly like it this afternoon from a lady in the town over from us. I was searching for "The Bruce" brand yesterday online and your blog came up. I love anything old. I plan on visiting your site more. Thanks for posting this photo.

Audrey said...

I love the display of the vintage dresses and hats. I have several (not family related) but would love a way to display them. I am redoing our guest bedroom so just maybe I can find a way.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...