Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Saying Good-bye to Summer



QUICK. . .LOOK. . .GOING. . .GOING. . .GONE

Today marks the end of our SUMMER decor. . .I think SUMMER is over. . .Once Labor Day has come and gone, FALL is here as far as I'm concerned. . .Never mind that it's 97 degrees outside!!!!!

It's time for a change. . .and do I ever have a LOT of ideas this year. . .A pretty big change for the WINTER months. . .

But first, I needed to take time to sit down in the quiet of the morning and file away in my memory the wonderful SUMMER we had. . . Then I decided the best way to do that was to put together a FARMHOUSE MID-MORNING SNACK for both of us while reminiscing. . .Memories are at their best when shared. . .



No time to bake. . .Keeping prep to a minimum. . .which meant. . . . .FRESH BREAD. . .REAL BUTTER. . .WATERMELON JELLY. . .A COUPLE OF EGGS. . .AND APPLES FROM OUR TREE. . .WARM CUPS OF COFFEE. . .AND SPRING WATER WITH A BIT OF LEMON. . .Nothing fancy. . .just wholesome FARMHOUSE FOOD. . .AND GOOD COMPANY. . .

We laughed and talked for a good two hours. . .Sometimes we forget to take the time to reflect. . .and to enjoy each other. . .Maybe if I take anything away with me from this Summer it's that lesson learned. . .for this has been a Summer that has once again been a reminder of what is really important to me. . .My life had become too busy. . .too hectic. . .too filled with 'stuff'. . .too many projects. . .not enough time. . .Ever been there?



Now I think I can whole-heartedly put Summer away. . .
and begin to look toward HARVEST. . .My favorite time of the year.






For us that means PICKIN' COTTON. . .
You can bet John and I will be out in the fields,
playing in the WHITE STUFF once all the bolls open. . .



More SPECIAL MOMENTS to share. . .
LOVE IT!!!!



THIS POST SHARED AT: Make It Pretty Monday


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...