Friday, April 25, 2014

A Little More Tweaking in the Kitchen

 
Making a few more changes in the kitchen today. . . .adding a primitive, unfinished painting I picked up at a thrift store for 50 cents. . . .rearranging crockery. . . .adding a huge 'bouquet' of cotton bolls. . . .taking the chair aprons off. . . .geraniums to the bathroom window sill.
 
A friend of John's will be coming this weekend to help with the log cabin. . . .I couldn't picture them sitting on the apron chair covers. . . .Can you? (Apron Slipcovers) . . .Or, maybe I CAN picture it. . . .A funny sight for sure (giggle). . . .I thought they'd appreciate it if the aprons were gone. . . .I took the geraniums out of harm's way, too. . . .You can't be too careful when men get together!
 
 

 
I tried to make things a little more masculine. . . .No roses in the pitcher. . . .Just plain and simple. . . Stalks of Cotton were my choice for the table. . . .I figured guys could relate to that. . . .I've never used Cotton any time other than the Fall, but I think I like the look for Summer, too. . . .To me, it's just as beautiful as any flower. . . .I am a Cotton Farmer's Daughter through and through. . . .I love Cotton!
 
 
 
 
I'm heading out to the local thrift stores. . . .No more 'to do' list until next week. . . .One of the stores is closing tomorrow. . . .and the other is on the verge. . . .I need to visit with the ladies who have done such a wonderful job in running them for many years. . . .I'll certainly miss them.
 
The only certain thing about Life is that it constantly changes. . . .(sigh). . . .
 


On a happier note. . . .The sun is shining. . . .The temps are perfect. . . .The flowers are blooming. . . .The birds are singing. . . .And, I have junkin' to do! . . .'To-do'? . . .That wasn't on my list was it? . . .(wink). . . .I think this just might be the best weekend we've had in a long time. . . . .Why don't you get out and have a great one, too? . . .You deserve it!
 
Til next week. . . .
 


 Sharing this post with: * Tweak It Tuesday

16 comments:

Debby said...

I love your kitchen. Where do you get your cotton. I think it works for all seasons. So nice to have a clear list. Have fun shopping.

Cranberry Morning said...

That cotton is beautiful! Being from Wisconsin, we see corn, corn, corn, soybeans, and little else for crops.

camp and cottage living said...

I agree, the cotton is as pretty as any flower!
Your tweaking looks great.

Deb said...

I love the cotton bouquet. It's simply beautiful. I understand when favored shops close how you can miss them so much. We see it happen in our town often and then a new one opens up. It's not easy running a small business these days. Have a wonderful weekend. Give Boo a hug for me. Deb

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the basket of cotton bolls. Too bad that the junk stores are closing. I hope you find some treasures. Have a wonderful weekend!

Gail said...

I love your kitchen and your display of cotton! My husband bought me a bouquet of cotton bolls for our anniversary two years ago and I still have them displayed! I think cotton works for all seasons. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

Patti said...

Your home is just beautiful! And the cotton is perfect. My house is quite feminine, and I do worry about my husband, but he says he doesn't mind. I have found inspiration here! Happy Friday!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Your kitchen is always lovely! The cotton bouquet is just perfect for your table. I love your style. ♥

Old Time Cindy said...

I like the cotton on the table. I couldn't do that with my cotton as Kit Kat would be on the table in no time to check it out. Have fun junkin'!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You're such a thoughtful hostess. Making the setting more masculine for you guests.
I think the cotton is beautiful as any flower too!
Pat

cynthia lee designs said...

I just love your kitchen!! Have fun out junkin!!
hugs,
Cindy

Pam said...

I love your finds and envy that you are going junking this morning. I fell two days ago so I am resting my leg and I am sore (just burns me up that I was careless and tripped). No junking for me today, and it is just beautiful outside.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Rita B Caldwell said...

I love the cotton too any time of year and it's pretty mixed with the red and green at Christmas. We don't have cotton in our area but I did buy some seed and going to try to start a little patch in a an old garden spot!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful kitchen. I see many things I love. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Greetings from Germany
Birgit

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Your cotton is lovely! And yes, I do like the look for Summer too.
You made me laugh by saying Summer, we are 47 degrees with a cold rain today, the daffodils are just starting to bloom and we are still waiting on leaves on trees.......

Anonymous said...

I love your pie safe and pottery / bowl collection, just lovely. Great display, too, with the cotton.
Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...