Wednesday, September 11, 2019

GATHERING FALL

Can you feel it? . .I can. . .It's strictly intuitive because the heat index has been 108 degrees. . .and yet, I see all the signs that FALL is on its way. . .There is something in the air. . .and businesses are already decorating with mums, pumpkins, corn stalks, gourds, and anything that sets the stage for FALL. . .
I think we are all a BIT tired of summer. . .and looking forward to some cooler weather. . .As always, I begin gathering for FALL DECOR early. . .Now is the time to scavenge around the farm, ditches, and woods for naturals. . .My first stop was to grab the gourds I've accumulated. . .and filled three baskets with them. . .
Handmade brooms fit well in a crock. . .along with. . .(you'll never believe it). . .dried day lily stalks. . .My brown crocks will come out of storage, too. . .
Next. . .I'll be cutting cotton stalks to add to the mix. . .Some field corn. . .A little wheat. . .

I do try to use as many on-hand items as I can find. . .They don't need to be meant for FALL. . .just in the colors I'll be using. . .But. . .the pumpkins and squash I'll need to buy from a pumpkin farm, along with a few hay bales. . .
 
It will soon be another FALL at THE COUNTRY FARM HOME. . .a time of HARVEST. . .a time to be THANKFUL for so many BLESSINGS. . .
Yep. . .FALL is almost here. . .I can feel it in my 'bones'. . .
I bet you can, too?

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yes, even though the weather is still hot, there's a different light and feeling to the days. I'm ready!

Sam I Am...... said...

Amen Sister! I am tired of the heat and ready for Fall. I did a bit of decorating myself yesterday and it sure felt good even if it is REALLY hot outside! How did/do people work out in this heat and the football players and their practices? Whew! I used to be able to handle it better when I was young but I am old now and extremes of either don't agree with me. I love your natural decorations....those are the best! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...