Friday, December 18, 2020

The Stockings Are Hung. . .

When I was a little girl, we never had big felt stockings or those knitted specifically for Santa to stuff. . .We chose one from Daddy's sock drawer. . .Always trying to get the largest and most stretched one he had. . .Then one Christmas, my Grandmother made us our first real stockings of felt with all kinds of embellishments on it. . .and of course. . our name. . .That year, Santa had to come up with more goodies to stuff them. . .

But I must say that after all the numerous stockings I've collected over the years. . .I still like socks out of the drawer the best. . .

I've had the plaque hanger for years and never found the right place for it. . .I think this year I have. . .Such a simple thing. . .but it brings to my mind the Christmases of my childhood. 

On our breezeway porch. . .I decided that I was tired of the traditional Christmas wreath. . .so when I saw the Santa and huge stocking at a dollar store, I knew exactly what I would do with them. . .I did fill the stocking with a little stuffing to make it stand out. . .The Santa was one I could not resist. . .The moment I spotted him, I knew he was a keeper. . .Together, they make a fun and festive entrance into the keeping room. . .

Decorating from the dollar stores has certainly been different from my usual decor. . .but I have enjoyed the challenge. . .And there's more to come. . .(grin). . .soon. . .

HOLIDAY BLESSINGS!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...