Thursday, November 7, 2019

Fall Cupboards and a Couple of Farmhouse Decor Tips


Isn't this an amazing Fall wreath? . .It is handmade of dried grasses and berries. . .and seed pods. . .And it's so big. . .Which brings me to a farmhouse decorating tip. . .GO BIG WITH A FEW ITEMS INSTEAD OF A LOT OF CLUTTER. . .

Here's a good example at the pie safe cupboard. . .See how it isn't lost in the photo? . .I had to learn this and it was a tough seeing with the eye what the camera, and usually others, see. . .My tendency is to do too much. . .Such as in this photo. . .
Learn from me. . .While interesting and speaks of Fall. . .this cupboard can come off as too busy. . .if you only look at the open doors. . .Don't you think? . .A large wreath on closed doors below does help overall. . .

Next year. . .I'll close those top doors and simplify with larger objects. . .

Nothing wrong with this Fall vignette. . .and it might be your decorating style. . .but for me. . .and for my Plain and Simple Farmhouse Style, the pie safe cupboard is my pick. . .
When I say Simplify, I don't mean minimal. . .and I don't suggest you never use smaller objects. . .as you see in this photo. . .
So. ..here's another tip I have found. . .Clustering smalls together can give the illusion of being one large item. . .The secret is to allow space in between as I have done on top of this baker's cupboard. . .The LARD sign helps to connect the rest of the vignette but with 'white' space below. .Makes it so much more pleasing to the eye for my Farmhouse decor. . . 


 

To see more of my Farmhouse decorating style,
check out the FAll ISSUE OF 
COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE
and

I'm leaving Fall with this post. . .and moving on to the Holidays. . .
Ready for some Christmas CHEER. . .
Time to turn on my favorite Christmas songs
and get decorating!!!!


1 comment:

Sam I Am...... said...

I see what you mean and I thank you for the decorating tips. I have never looked at it that way before. It makes sense! Lovely pie safe and wreath!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...