Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Santa Is Ready. . .

Santa has packed up his red farm truck with trees, packages, and reindeer feed for the long trip he will soon be making. . .He'll leave from here at THE COUNTRY FARM HOME Christmas Eve. . .just as soon as the sun goes down. . .As always, he looks forward to bringing joy to young and old as they find their gifts under the tree on Christmas morning. . .but for now, he's happy and content just resting on our sofa. . .

Okay. . .so I'm a little into my imagination. . .but who wouldn't be in this bright and festive living room? . .Now you can see where previous peeks are fitting into the scheme of things. . .for here I continue to add little touches from the dollar stores. . .while using make-do items around the house. . .

My one purchase--not from a dollar store--is the primitive Santa from Whitehouse Creations in Bernie, Missouri. . .He is dressed in a piece from a vintage woven coverlet and holds a cotton Christmas tree and his friend, Mr. Snowman. . .I stuffed a small reindeer feed bag into his arms, too. . .

I decided on the farm truck theme back in the fall, long before Thanksgiving, when the dollar stores began putting Christmas items out. . .I snatched many of them up because I was sure they would go quickly. . .The farm truck theme has been around several Christmases now, and normally I stay away from what has already been done. . .But this theme still tugs at my heart. . .because I AM the Farmer's Daughter. . .I rode with Daddy a lot in the old 'bob' truck. . .and I have Daddy's 1983 'Big Red' Chevy truck sitting in the drive. . .

I bought the metal truck a couple of years ago. . .and have used it in the summertime as well as winter and never tire of it. . .So the dollar stores certainly made me happy when they had the country truck theme with complimentary decor. . .

I think the key to decorating with dollar store themes is to not go overboard with them. . .Add a few here and there. . .coordinate with the other rooms in the house. . .and it ends up being striking instead of  'cute-sy'. . .Make it Plain and Simple. . .Don't over do so that everyone can appreciate the entire scene instantly. . .

From the dollar stores, I purchased: red plaid bows, metal 'Noel', reindeer feed ornaments, black plaid mitten ornaments, red candle, brown wrapping paper and string, red cardinal, and the HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS sign. . .so appropriate for this Christmas when so many of us will be home. . .but it also brings good memories of past Christmases at the farmhouse. . .

The entire setting brings smiles. . .Hope it sends some your way, too. . .


1 comment:

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love the 'drama' of white with pops of color in this room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...