Thursday, January 5, 2017

Back to Normal--Almost




Whee. . .What a Holiday Season we had! 
I'm still glowing inside and out. . .I, for one, would like to continue the Holidays though the entire WINTER. . .but there comes a time when the decorations need to come down and be packed up with an eye for our next Christmas. . .which is exactly what I've been doing these last few days. . .Putting the EVERYDAY SIMPLE touches back into our FARMHOUSE. . .




I do hope you had an extraordinary Holiday. . .For my Christmas, John took me back to Virginia. . .by way of Kentucky. . .so that I could visit with my fellow blogger and dear friend CINDY of  the OLD TIME FARMHOUSE. . .We hadn't seen each other for a couple of years. . .You can imagine how we talked non-stop. . .Poor John didn't have a chance. . .


Then it was on to Virginia, where we stayed for almost three weeks. . .We spent time with our families--John's daughter and her family. . .and my 300+ year old family. . .(I'll tell you more about that later). . .It was the best Christmas we've had in years. . .
When I asked John what we were doing for my up-coming birthday. . .his reply was. . .
"Whatever it is, I can't top this!" 





I'm anxious to apply some of the Virginia inspiration to our WINTER FARMHOUSE DECOR. . .
I've already begun. . .as you see. . .but I have many more JUNKIN' FINDS to incorporate. . .I'd forgotten how motivated a person can get just by visiting another part of our country. . .





Now. . .I'm INSPIRED. . .I'm MOTIVATED. . .and. . .most of all. . .
I'M BACK!!!!
 and ready to get this NEW YEAR started. . .


 . . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 

5 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

That does sound like a wonderful Christmas! Welcome back and Happy New Year!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Happy New Year--
Enjoy the moment-di

Unknown said...

Find 2 BHK Flats in NIBM Pune , Developed by BramhaCorp with all the amenities and on best Natural location with ease of conveniences.

srpprcrftr said...

So happy for you to get to see family, both of you. What better time than at the holidays. Great you were able to have nice long visit.

Where in KY does you family live. There are a few things I really miss, first our place and getting to shop for wonderful vintage goodies in soo many places within driving distance. There just isn't anything like it here in western CO.
My health is so much better than it was in KY but still miss certain things there.
Sounds like you had fantastic holidays, so good you did.Happy New Year

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh Dru, I'm delighted that you got to visit Cindy! I miss the two of you blogging often. Always love your farmhouse!! Hubby and I loved Virginia when we visited there about 8 years ago. Hope to go back someday. I'm almost cleaned up too. Left out touches of winter and still have some organizing to do. Happy New Year!
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...