Monday, May 4, 2015

Let's Pop Some Color In There

 

You who know me know that I love decorating with WHITES and NEUTRALS. . .but you also know that I enjoy POPS OF COLOR, too. . .Life is too dull without them. . .for me anyway. . .


The popularity of an all neutral FARMHOUSE DECOR is not too far away from our farm homes of the past. . .Most kitchens cabinets were painted white. . .Often the living room and kitchen walls were also in a neutral tone. . .Bedroom walls usually broke away from the white theme and opted for colors such as candy pink, mint green, and denim blue. . . A house totally in neutrals was rarely the case as it is today. . .
Let's face it, life on the farm was and is hard work. . .rewarding but demanding and endless. . .The average farm wife loved color. . .bringing CHEER and a SMILE. . .Maybe that's why I, too, enjoy POPS of COLOR for our FARMHOUSE . . .
I was playing with the pegs one day last week. . .working toward a Spring and Summer look with the new HEART wreath I found while junkin'. . .I like the all white theme. . .lived with it a few days. . .then decided I needed a little color. . .It looked a little bland to me. . .I was inspired by the lovely plant, too. . .

LOOK HOW ADDING A LITTLE COLOR MAKES THE EYE LINGER IN THESE BEFORE AND AFTERS. . .
 
BEFORE
 
AFTER

BEFORE
 
AFTER
 
 There are no rules that POPS OF COLOR must to be flowers. . .
How about a GREEN CABBAGE?
This garden rabbit needed something to nibble on. . .




Cabbage? . .I can hear you shaking your head. . .Sure. . .Why not? . .
With a couple of other additions. . .the VIGNETTE comes to life. . .


The thing I've learned in all these years of blogging and decorating the FARMHOUSE is that NEUTRAL BACKGROUNDS work well in any season. . .It contributes to a CALM and PEACEFUL setting. . .but every now and then I need a little more SPICE IN LIFE. . .Not too much. . .Just enough to make me SMILE. . .
. . .from my Farmhouse to Yours. . .
 
 

10 comments:

Debby Ray said...

Oh...absolutely perfect...it's all that it needed :)

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

You have such a great eye! I love the cabbage with the rabbit. ♥

JP said...

I adore your chair vignette!
JP

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I have a neutral home but I to have to have a few pops of color.I can't live with out some. Love your vignettes! Jo

Cindy Lou said...

I too live on a farm and my farmhouse has neutral and browns and pops of red and greens and mustard! Love all the variety! Blessings! Cindy


Linda Walker said...

So simply lovely! I love neutral tones as well! I enjoyed scrolling through the photos!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Darrin Swanson said...

Gosh! Those interiors are superb!

country house

KayC. said...

I love your post and I agree whole heartily about pops of color. I am in the process of becoming more neutral in my farmhouse and doing what you did with pops of color. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us.

Rue said...

Very cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm on board with the pops in all-neutral rooms, because for me, it's all about the contrast. If there's no contrast in a room, it's kind of a yawn (for me, anyway). The contrast can even be neutral, as in some black stuff in an all-white/cream room! TY for this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...