Thursday, December 19, 2019

Mixing Burlap, Vintage, and Metal for A White Christmas in the Keeping Room

"Twas a week before Christmas. . .and all through the house". . .as my story was going. . .for all was turning out really well. . .and ahead of schedule. . .
The decorations were up and sparkling like snowflakes. . .The baking was done with lingering whiffs of gingerbread and fruit cake. . .

Mr. BJ LaShay was dressed up in his new red bow tie and collar. . .


 All I had left to do was light the fireplace and snap a few photos. . .

I was loving the metal Christmas trees. . .and the big log cabin stable. . .with the dove above. . .The greenery and candles. . .the tiny lights. . .Yes. . .All I needed to do was light a fire and snap a few photos. . .because the entire scene was envisioned with a big blazing fire in the background. . .

I was excited. . .I was ready. . .The batteries in my camera were fully charged. . .Let's do it. . .

I walked over to the exhaust fan. . .and turned it on. . .Our fireplace smokes without it. . .There was a whirring sound. . .but no fan blades turning. . ."Must be frozen" I thought. . .since we had had rain and the temperature was well below freezing. . .I waited an hour. . .Then another hour. . .Then another. . .Only a whirring sound. . .

My visions of a beautiful Christmas setting with a crackling fire in the background were dashed. . .

But not to worry. . .There will be other Christmases for crackling fires. . .
We are still warm and cozy and together. . .
Plenty of Food. . .Family. . .Friends. . .

All is well here at The Country Farm Home. . .
I have no complaints. . .
Only thankful for the many Blessings.

 

"I will honor Christmas in my Heart, 
And try to keep it
All the Year."

Christmas Blessings To You And Yours
This Holiday Season


1 comment:

Alice D. said...

Only you could mix contemporary with vintage and make it look good. I'm inspired--for next Christmas. This one is almost over, isn't it? Have a good one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...