Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Little Bit of Christmas in the Bedroom

 
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Did you survive a weekend of holiday shopping? The big rush if on, isn't it? . . . .
 
We had visitors at the farm this past weekend. . . .I hadn't done a bit of decorating in the bedroom. . . .Quickly I threw together a little bit of Christmas to make the room more festive. . . .Bringing out a lot of white with pops of red and green. . . .I was so happy with the look that I plan to leave it for a time. . . .
 
There are so many Farmhouse touches. . . .
 

At first I planned to display only the collection of vintage farmhouse nightgowns for the background. . . .Then 'Farmer John' came in to see what I was up to. . . .He took one look and wanted to know where his 'John-Johns' were? . . .Said Santa would be wearing them this time of year. . . .I had to admit, he had a point. . . .I rather liked the pop of color once I hung them beside the whites. . . .
 
 
 


When I think red at Christmas, I naturally gravitate toward our feathered friends. . . .Decorating with birds--especially cardinals--was a tradition here at Christmastime in times past. . . .We have flocks of them every year right outside our windows. . . .Mom often decorated an evergreen tree, flocked in white, with nothing but red cardinals and tiny birds nests. . . .It was simply beautiful. . . .



 


Red 'John-Johns', vintage nightgowns, birds and nests, brown paper packages, a paint splattered apple basket. . . .evergreens. . . .a tin angel. . . .and stockings. . . .have to have stockings. . . .


A bit of whimsy never hurts either. . . .Love the stripped ones. . . .came straight from the sock drawer. . . .

Every time I look at the nightgowns and 'John-Johns' I think. . . ."And Ma in her kerchief and I in my cap, had just settled down for a long winter's nap. . . ."


 

I would LOVE to settle down for a long winter's nap. . . .Sure won't happen this week. . . .Which reminds me, I have more gifts to finish and Cranberry Bread coming out of the oven. . . .

I LOVE Christmas!

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 
 
******************
There's Rag Rug Inspiration at
Our Old Country Store
 
 


20 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Oh my ~ the bedroom looks so festive. I just love the nightgowns and the long johns do give that special pop of colour. Love the greens and the cardinals. They are so pretty. This just wants you to settle in for a long nap and a good good ;-)

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love your nightgowns and Johns-johns!! They are perfect. I also love your brown paper packages, have always wanted to wrap all the presents with it one year.

I just looked at the calendar this morning and was shocked!! Lol! So much to do! Happy Getting Ready for Christmas!

Tanya Breese said...

you make everything look so easy...and then you said cranberry bread...!! yum!!

Liz said...

I was thinking the very same thing when I saw those long john hanging on the wall! What great decorations for the spare bedroom!

Junkchiccottage said...

Dru,
Love it all. How perfect and simple and pretty. Love the brown paper packages. I can hear Julie Andrews now singing that song!!!! The Long Johns and the nightgowns are adorable. The Christmas bedroom looks so great.
Kris

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Simply adorable...including the long johns....I would love spending Christmas Eve in that room!!

Unknown said...

So pretty and perfect for the holidays! John is right, the John-Johns (lol) are the perfect touch with the gorgeous vintage night gowns.

Dixie said...

The night gowns and red long-johns were an absolute inspiration! LOVE!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, your bedroom is just plain adorable! Don't be surprised if old Santa makes himself right at home in the room!

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, I love the beautiful bedroom decorated for Christmas. The red long johns and white nighties are so sweet. Your mother's tree must have been so pretty with the red cardinals all over it. I also like the brown paper packages tied up with string. Hmmmm… sounds like a song to me. :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How charming and inviting! I also love your rag rug! The applique is wonderful with it!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet guest room!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the night gowns and the long johns. Your guest room is so pretty.
hugs,
Cindy

Jo Ann said...

Hi, Dru...beautiful pictures! The cardinal in the nest really reminds me of my mom...she always said you must always have a bird in a nest on your tree for good luck!! Jo Ann :)

Melanie said...

I can't believe I haven't spent more time here or if I've been here before! I LOVE your Christmas Decor and your packaging. I was going to wrap with brown bag grocery sacks this year and make my own tags...your stamped names are an idea as well. Thanks and I'll be back soon!

weekend et coup de brosse said...

Bonjour,
Je découvre ton blog, j'aime beaucoup ton travail! Des aventures et de très belles photos.
Je suis artiste peintre, photographe amateur; je me suis inscrite pour suivre tes publications!
Je t'invite à me rendre visite sur mes blogs et voir mon travail, merci beaucoup et bonne journée!

HI, I discover your blog that I like very much! wonderful work, adventures and very beautiful photographs.
I am french amateur photographer; I was registered to follow your publications
Do not hesitate to visit my blogs and see my work, thank you, have a nice day! Cath.

Pam said...

Beautiful vintage gowns, the John-Johns are cute too. Love the little cardinal and birds nest withe eggs, all of the greenery looks so pretty and fresh! Cranberry bread, YUM!I'll have some with a cup of tea please.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Bridget said...

Very sweet!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, what a lovely room! And the mister was right, you NEEDED that pop of red to really make the room something spectacular.

Wanna come share some of your Christmas spirit around our house?

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

SA-WEET! Love, love the nightgowns and long johns Dru. Sweet wrapping too my friend!
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...