Friday, December 2, 2016

Candles--Snowflakes--Vintage Ladies



"When you decorate for the HOLIDAYS. . .don't forget the bathroom. . .It's the one place that EVERYONE will see". . .Those words of wisdom I heard my Mother speak many, many times. . .In fact, her bathrooms were show places. . .always elegant. . .lots of sparkle. . .often the talk of our visitors. . .
So. . .if you will indulge me. . .I'll add a few Mom touches to the bath. . .



My INSPIRATION was her favorite vintage ANGEL. . .
Gold and White and Glittery . . .




At the Vintage Tub. . .a spray of BERRIES and CEDAR. . .BRASS CANDLESTICKS. . .
FORMAL. . .TRADITIONAL. . .'MOM'. . .




While greenery would have been for decor only with Mama. . .
I love to add a few pieces of CEDAR to my bath water. . .
Smells fresh and clean and CHRISTMAS-Y. . .




Of course. . .I had to mix things up a little with my own FARMHOUSE Style. . .
















A mix of two HOLIDAY STYLES. . .different but one complimenting the other. . .

Now that I think about it. . .that was Mom and myself, too. . .
VERY different. . .but our HEARTS knew each other well. . .
In fact. . .I think she would have approved of the HOLIDAY BATH. . .
even with the Farmhouse Touches. . .



'Leaving the CANDLE burning for you, Mama'





7 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

It's lovely! Especially love the snowflakes and trees on your shelf.

Curtains in My Tree said...


IT'S SO SUTTEL AND BEAUTIFUL

Junkchiccottage said...

Love it all. Soooo pretty.
Are you on instagram?
Peeps on IG would love your pictures.
Hugs,
Kris

srpprcrftr said...

Love your style anywhere in your home. Bathroom is so pretty and cozy even tho must have plenty of room with your ladies dressed and dresser in room. The whole scene is beautiful. Love little trees on shelf and ornaments hanging. Always enjoy your posts, learn something.
Have you done all your holiday decorating?
Enjoy weekend and upcoming week. Maybe will find something to put in our bathrooms to dress them up a little for holidays. For some reason keep thinking yesterday was Saturday.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous! Your bathroom design is so beautiful with your vintage furnishings and your Christmas decorations are the icing on the cake! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us!

Jaybird said...

Lovely!! The comment about leaving the candle burning, brought tears to my eyes!
Beautiful post AND décor!
Blessings to you,
J

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

So pretty! I love the idea of adding cedar to the bath water..Your mom would be so proud!..Merry Christmas..Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...