Friday, September 27, 2019

Sharing More Photos of the FALL LIVING ROOM. . .Part I


Now that the cat is out of the bag and the 2019 FALL ISSUE OF COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE is on the stands, I can share the extra photos of the farmhouse all dressed up for HARVEST. . . 

When the official magazine photographer finished and had left the farm for another destination, I took out my trusty camera and did my own photo shoot. . .I did rearrange a few things, so it’s not exactly as it was, but it is still plain and simple HARVEST style. . .
Let’s begin with some living room inspiration:
As I’ve told you so many times, we are all about COTTON and the harvest of it in the Fall. So, naturally cotton is the focus for the vignettes. . . and the colors of the cotton bolls are carried out in other items, too. . .White ceramic PUMPKINS. . .the browns of BURLAP. . .the golden tans of CORN HUSKS. . .
With a mound of small BALES OF COTTON, I filled up this wonderful old pick-up truck and placed it underneath the sofa table, adding a burlap pumpkin and FALL LEAVES.
There’s even a bale of cotton inside a wire pumpkin on top of the table. The gins no longer bale this way, so these miniature burlap bales are important reminders of our past.
Of course, I need at least one bucket filled with COTTON STALKS, to place behind the 1910 vintage chair that belonged to my grandmother. . .
And, on top of the glass display cabinet, small white pumpkins, sitting in Windsor chairs. . .How could it be more SIMPLE?

In fact, everything is done SIMPLY. . .That was the GOAL. . .How did we do? 
Want to see more? . .Part II will be coming soon. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful vintage vibe! I'm in love with how you've styled every corner of your Fall home and how much attention to details you've paid. The antique charm adds such a warm and inviting tone to your home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...