Friday, November 13, 2015

Morning Light at the Baker's Cabinet

 
It was 7:00 this morning. . .The Winter sun was coming up and shining through the windows. . .Casting light on the newest additions to the kitchen. . .Making everything feel warm and cozy. . .
 
 
 
 
For years I've struggled with finding just the right thing to place above the BAKER'S CABINET. . .I needed something FUNCTIONAL and EYE-PLEASING. . .One of our friends who owned an antique mall in Tennessee had exactly what I wanted years ago--a vintage SHAKER shelf. . .but he didn't want to sell it. . .He liked it, too. . .I thought I'd eventually wear him down if I waited long enough. . .Didn't happen. . .So I continued my search. . .Everything I found was too big. . .too small. . .too expensive. . .and nothing pleased me anyway. . .
How many times have I done this only to realize I actually had what I needed? . . .Many, Many, Many times. . .A person would think I'd LEARN THAT LESSON. . .I had the perfect addition all along. . .
You may have seen the CROW SHELF in some of the very early Country Farm Home posts. . .I had grown tired of it several years ago and had stored the crows for the LOG HOUSE once it was finish. . .Forgot all about it. . .In the meantime, we painted the kitchen floor in BLACK AND WHITE CHECK. . .built WHITE CABINETRY. . .painted our WINDSOR CHAIRS black. . .Well, let's just say everything changed. . .
While cleaning out a storage building, I came across the FORGOTTON SHELF. . .hmmmmm. . .BLACK AND WHITE. . .FARMHOUSE PRIMITIVE. . .the EXACT WIDTH as baker's cabinet below. . .Was this a no-brainer or what?
 
 
The CROW SHELF is constructed from an old wooden door cut in half. . .
Isn't that CLEVER? . .Notice the door knob hole. . .so PRIM. . .
 
 
Then, as blessings appear out of nowhere. . .last week on a junkn' spree in Missouri, I ran across the GRAY ENAMELWARE. . .probably my favorite of all enamelware. . .and hard to find. . .a box full for $10. . .10 pieces in all. . .I knew exactly where they were going. . .LOVE the way it worked out. . .
 
 
I'm finally happy with that little area of the kitchen. . .have done more than one HAPPY DANCE as I walked past it. . .and I look forward to preparing those Christmas cakes and cookies there soon. . .

 
 
 
 
 
Oh!!!. . .And speaking of fun. . .the LITTLE GRAY MOUSE . . .loves it, too. . .
 

(A BIG GRIN. . .)
 

 
 
 

8 comments:

Connie said...

Wow! What a great deal and everything looks so charming :)
I like your style!
Connie :)

Pamela Gordon said...

I really like your new shelf and it looks great about your bake centre. Funny how things turn out eh? Have a great weekend.

Angela said...

Such a good feeling inside when we get something just right, huh? Love the area and all the enamelware. What a wonderful find and at such a great price. Thanks for sharing.
Angela

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your new shelf!!
~Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, it certainly is perfect. Love the fact that it's made out of an old door! What a fabulous deal on the enamelware. I have a couple pieces. The colander and a small pot. Hope all is well with you!
hugs,
Jann

HausNo7 said...

It looks very country- i love it- your blog is so fantastic :)
greeting from germany
Manu♥

Pam said...

How pretty! Love your shelf. I can just see a sweet little granny in the early morning light standing there rolling out her biscuit dough.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice post.kindly visit as @ Solid block manufacturer in Tamilnadu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...