Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Geraniums and Sweet Little Birdies

Geraniums for Christmas?. . . .Really?
Yes, Really. . . .

This Christmas you can call me a rebel--a nonconformist--a naturalist--a make-doer (is there such a word?)--plain--simple--'traveling to the beat of a different drum'--take your pick. . . .

I couldn't agree with you more. . . .


Yet, we're both loving it. . . .


But. . . .Geraniums when everyone else has Paper Whites, dried Hydrangeas, Roses, and Poinsettias? . . .Why not? . . . .They're the right color green with that 'pop' of red that I so love. . . .They look almost shocking pink in these photos, but they're truly a bright red. . . .


I've carried the bedroom theme of brown paper wrappings and sweet little birdies throughout the house. . . .It's almost as if someone left the door open and our feathered friends flew in. . . .finding homes among the evergreens. . . .bright and cheerful.
John swears he heard them chirping one morning!




I have four more Geraniums. . . .but only one is blooming, so far. . . .I'm coaxing the others to bloom for the Christmas table. . . .With a cotton sacking table runner, a few natural additions, and white dinnerware, they'll be just the right touch. . . .festive. . . .cheerful. . . .unexpected. . . .


Or, maybe not so unexpected. . . .
My friends have learned to expect the unexpected from me. . . and I do hate to disappoint them!

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 
 
Hi, You All!
Just wanted to let you know that I do treasure each
and every one of your comments.
They mean so much to me.
I'm having such a problem with Yahoo email.
It's hard to tell who I've emailed back and who I haven't.
Plus, just this morning, your comments began coming in
from Dec 10th! I was not happy.
I have a new computer now--an early
Christmas gift. Just as soon as I get everything set up on it,
I will probably be changing my email account.
 
I wanted to let you know that if I've missed responding to your comment,
I'm so sorry. Hopefully, I'll get it straightened out soon.
Christmas Blessings to All of You!
 
 
 


11 comments:

Dixie said...

What a great idea! I've got some silk ones in a Christmas arrangement... Don't think my brown thumb would be able to Coax anything out of season! Blessings. Dixie

Junkchiccottage said...

I love that you are a rebel it just makes your decor that much prettier and unique. Love it all.
Kris

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the packages and the plants! Sweet and nostalgic vignettes. Beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Everything looks great! I love the unexpected! You'll be the talk of the town this holiday. :o)

Stacey said...

Geraniums are my absolute favorite and I'd never argue with that beautiful choice!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Geraniums are so pretty and I think they are the perfect choice!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Your decor looks just about perfect to me. Geraniums are one of my favorite flowers because they just keep going and aren't fussy at all. I've actually had them blooming outside at this time of year. Have one now, but no blooms.

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything looks so pretty!! I love geraniums and I think they are perfect to use.
When Yahoo changed the way email comes in...I couldn't tell who I emailed backed and who I didn't. I cried as it so confusing to me, but I finally figured it out.
hugs,
Cindy

Patti said...

Love this idea!I'm so allergic to paper whites that I carry an epi-pen. Thanks for the wonderful idea! I also love your angel, which you had more for sale.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I'll take geraniums any time and any where Dru. Plus, that's what we love about you! Expect the unexpected. I have lots of birdies flying around in my entry way and I love the little tweets!
hugs,
Jann

Pam said...

Oh this is so beautiful! I brought in my geranium but there are no blooms, at least it is alive.
Hugs
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...