Friday, February 13, 2015

Sweets for the Sweetie


It's VALENTINE'S DAY--almost. . .The sweetest day of the year. . .


I wanted to make something special for my Honey. . .something that's a bit more man-ly than a box of candy. . .something that you could quickly make for your SWEETIES, too. . .


I've been going a little crazy lately making trail mixes. . .For years I've searched the store shelves for trail mixes for myself without so much sugar and preservatives when one day it dawned on me, "I can make my own !" . .with lots of nuts and sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and unsweetened coconut flakes. . .ingredients such as that. . .I loved it. . .John loved it. . .So this VALENTINE'S DAY I decided to make a special trail mix for him. . .True, it's full of  'sugar'. . .but hey. . .it's VALENTINE'S DAY. . .SWEETS FOR THE SWEETIE are okay for a special day.


I gathered together lots of red and white. . .yogurt covered raisins, vanilla flavored red and white chips, salted peanuts, almonds, unsweetened coconut. . .a few dried cranberries, too. . .It needed a little chocolate. . .Honestly, it's not VALENTINE'S DAY without chocolate, is it? . .Semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy did the trick. . .all mixed together and packaged in a large Ball jar and a VINTAGE VALENTINE. . .just like the one's so popular when we grew up. . .I think the Honey will love it. . .I think you will, too. . .Adjust the mix to your own taste and have fun with it. . .There's still time to make a batch for YOUR SWEETIE before tomorrow. . .




13 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

That is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day!

cynthia lee designs said...

It sounds yummy and looks yummy!!
~Cindy

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Your mix sure looks good. I love making trail mix. This one is so festive and Valentine looking. ♥

Old Time Cindy said...

Looks good and perfect for John's sweet tooth! Happy Valentine's Day and farmhouse hugs!
Cindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Couldn't find your email address on your blog. You have been featured at my Six On Saturday post today.
Brenda

ohiofarmgirl said...

It looks great! Dianntha

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Perfect Valentine's treat!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Dru, good idea and very pretty too. I bet your Honey was happy. Hope your day was a good on..Judy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It's so pretty in that darling jar! I bought a case of large jars at Christmas and filled them with a Rice Chex mix for my neighbors, kids, and grands.
hugs,
Jann

Robin Johnson said...

What a great idea, looks yummy!

Stopping by from over at Cozy Little House and I am so glad I did. After poking around your blog a little I can say I'm loving what I see - - a lot! Love your style.

Rue said...

I hope he loved it :)

I'm so glad, Brenda featured you!

rue

The Farmers Daughter said...

From Mary: What a sweet posting for Valentine's Day, John is so lucky!

Sam I Am...... said...

My sweetie is ME so I will have to make some for ME! LOL! Looks pretty too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...