Friday, July 18, 2014

Cool Blue

I've made the farmhouse bath a cool place to be. . . .It was very simple. . . .
 
 
Blue canning jars on a shelf. . . .and. . . .
 
 
the sweetest little vintage romper. . . .
a very recent junkin' find that  has brought it all together. . . .
It's the exact color of the jars above.
 
 
Sweet and simple, isn't it?
There's another plus, too. . . .
The soft blues have made the farmhouse bath feel 
like a cool retreat from the hot summer sun.
Who knew that such a simple change would make such an impact?
Well, I love it. . . .though it may be a bit simple for some folks.
 
I'm finding that my decorating instincts are becoming simpler and simpler. . . .
'Stuff' feels chaotic. . . .'less' feels serene and peaceful.
A few years ago you never would have convinced me that I wouldn't need
all my clutter and collections around. . . .I was in a rut.
 
 Life is a series of changes, isn't it?
Ever revolving. . . .
I like to think I am, too. . . .moving on. . . .no longer stagnant. . . .
becoming who I'm meant to be.
 
 
Good News. . . .We're beginning to see some progress with our farm projects. . . .
yet. . . .there's much more to do. . . .It sometimes seems like a never ending list.
I'll continue to pop in every now and then. . . .or. . . .you can follow our progress at:
 
DUNCAN FARMSTEAD

DUNCAN FARMSTEAD @ FACEBOOK

DUNCAN FARMSTEAD @ PINTEREST

I also update from time to time at:
THE COUNTRY FARM HOME @ FACEBOOK

I'll be at one of these places!!!
Come on over and visit for a while.

Here's hoping your Summer is loaded with Farmhouse Fun. . . .
Make the most of it!
 
 
 Sharing this post with: * Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House

14 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Very Pretty Dru. Glad to see you back with this post.
Love those blue ball jars. The vintage clothes on the hanger are super cute too.
Kris

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That vintage romper is absolutely adorable! It's the perfect accent to your mantel shelf in the bathroom. Blue canning jars are always a nice addition, too.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I adore blue canning jars. The ones I find around here are CROWN but I hope to find a blue Ball one of these days. Have a great weekend.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love it! The jar color is a perfect cool summer color!

Sunnybrook Farm said...

People say the jars are blue but they are really aqua, the new commemorative jars are blue which makes them look totally different from an old jar.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

So pretty! I'm giving you a shout-out on my FB page here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

I hope you'll come share this at Knick of Time Tuesday!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Super duper vignette, staged and photographed perfectly as always.

Dawn said...

Simply beautiful :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Can't get enough of blue bell jars! The little romper is just so sweet! Happy to see you Dru!
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

Great! I adore blue canning jars.The jar color is a perfect cool summer color!
Thanks.
DIY Ideas

Unknown said...

I put out those kind of jars filled with sea shells on my window sills in the summer. I do a little beachy thing :)

Pam said...

I love the look. The blue is so beautiful. I love canning jars. So nice to see a post from you!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey girlfriend...love that shelf and your blues! Sweet and simple is the way to go!
Farmhouse hugs!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

It is all so pretty! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/anything-blue-friday-week-65.html I hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...