Monday, April 8, 2013

Garden Style in the Bath

Welcome to our Garden Bath. . . .
A Cottage Style change for Spring.




Our bath is like the rest of the house. . . .it changes with the seasons. . . .or on a whim. . . .Although, this change was more from necessity than a planned one. . . .

Meet Fred. . . .Fred Ficus. . . .Fred has made a garden room out of our bath.

He's normally found in the living room--at the window--where he loves the afternoon sun to warm his "bones". . . .But, since we're working on the living room--and Fred is so big now--we moved him to new quarters. . . .

Once Fred was settled in, the entire room had a garden style feeling. . . .so I went with his inspiration. . . .






It wasn't hard to get into the mood for a change. . . I was switching and moving things around all last week. . . .I think it's some sort of post winter energy surge. . .All I've been able to think about is Spring and New Beginnings. . . .Everywhere!








You can't go wrong with flowers. . . .






Nor can you go wrong with babies and vintage clothes. . . .

Add living plants, flowers, pastel colors. . . .and I had the perfect formula for a soft, cottagy touch to our bath. . . .A welcomed look after a long winter. . . .


If you're interested in how I see the differences between Cottage Style vs Plain & Simple Style, I'll be sharing a few of my ideas with you at Country Whites Weekend coming up this month. . . .But, that's for another day. . . .and another post.


I want to thank Fred for his Springtime inspiration. . . .I had considered giving him to a friend. . . .but now, I think I might keep him around for a while longer!

I think I saw him smile. . . .and grow another inch or two. . . .

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .

30 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

How beautiful is that! We have an antique clawfoot tub in our bathroom, but not nearly enough space to achieve this look. It is really lovely! I enjoyed the photos. :-)

Old Time Cindy said...

This makes me laugh as I have a 'Fred', also. I did not name him that, but he takes over the house. I'm about to the point of getting rid of him, but it is almost warm enough to sit him on the front porch again. He looks pretty snazzy there. Great looking bathroom!
Farmhouse hugs this Monday,
Cindy

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Lol! Love Fred!
Your bath is certainly ispiring! Love all your details.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Cute little wagon. I love the picture and little dress too. I love it Dru.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh how I want your bathroom!!!! So pretty and cheery. I love the garden scene. So spring like.
Kris

Florida Farm Girl said...

Fred has found a long time home in that bathroom!! He's perfect for it. And I'm so jealous of that tub!!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the look of your springtime garden bathroom! I have an old clawfoot tub in my bathroom too but not much room for anything else.

chateau chic said...

Your springtime bathroom looks so fresh and calming!
Mary Alice

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the garden style you have put in your bathroom for Spring...so very pretty!!
Fred looks right at home in there.
hugs,
Cindy

Barbara Jean said...

It is just all too perfectly wonderful..love it!!

blessings and thanks for inspiring us.

barb

Pam said...

Good morning Dru, I just love the garden style bathroom, it's just beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Oh, my! What a gorgeous bathroom! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

Unknown said...

I just adore your bathroom! Love the picture of the little girl and puppy. Pretty, pretty room!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Everything is just darling! xoox

Pendra said...

Fred is a lucky guy to get to hang around that gorgeous room all day and night!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

That is a gorgeous bathtub! Hope you will join our party! http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2013/04/creative-things-thursday-link-party.html

Cristina Garay said...

Oh so BEAUTIFUL!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

What a beautiful bathroom...but of course, you had me at the tub! I would be hogging the time in that room for sure!

A Vie Renouvele said...

Your bathroom looks so dreamy! I would spend way too much time in there! Great pictures too! Linda

Amy Kinser said...

I love your bathroom. That tub is fabulous!!

But you want to know what I liked best of all? I LOVE that sock next to that sweet little dress. Don't know why that struck my fancy but it did.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, I love the garden additions to your bath. I think I saw Fred smile too. The flower in the colander type pot is so cute. I adore the vintage clothing and have a few of my own that I will be sharing with Country Whites. A sweet blog friend saw an infant dress that I just bought in Idaho. She bundled up some of her baby clothing and sent them to me. How Sweet! Now I just need to find a darling sock! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
hugs,
Jann

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That bathroom is just adorable! I love what you have one with it :)

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I Love your Bath ~ I think Fred must love the move there...
Cheryl
zany-mayd.blogspot.com

Parfum de Provence said...

Nice to have a garden in the bathroom! Love it!
Have a great Sunday
Michela

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Well, I have to say that Fred looks as if he is happy in his new home! I would be too, you dedicated it to his whole personality!! He was an awesome inspiration and the whole peaceful bathroom looks so relaxing!
Bless you,
Susie

BECKY said...

What a lovely bath! And it looks so pretty dressed for spring and summer!! Love the softness, too, and all the details!

Thanks so much for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!
Hugs,
Becky

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

I love your garden style bathroom Dru. I'm glad you didn't give Fred away, he makes the bathroom look so inviting next to your beautiful tub! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.


Jody

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful ~ love that tub!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Sarah said...

What a special place to relax. I'm envious of that fabulous tub. '-)

Snugglebug Blessings said...

I found your lovely farmhouse bathroom on pinterest and have to say I just love it. Love all the vintage finds and darling pics. Your bathroom is the essence of farmhouse living and I can't wait to incorporate your ideas into my very ugly orange rental bathroom. Thanks for sharing your talent! God bless.

Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...