Thursday, May 3, 2012

A "Shabby Chic" Apron From Denim Jeans


It's been a while since I've posted a sewing project. This one "just happened."
I was cleaning my sewing room and kept running across planned projects that never got off the ground. When I ran across a pair of cut-off denim jeans, I thought, "I should set these aside and make an apron." So, I did.
Then I ran across lace pieces I'd bought at a thrift store and decided these should be used with the denim cut-offs.
Well, once I had all those items piled up, I just had to quit cleaning and start
sewing. . .You know how that is. . .

Denim jeans. . .

 Cut down sides, leaving stitched seam. . .

Cut across top, leaving waist band. Apron will button in back, using the waist band. . .

Measure down 11". . .

And, cut. . .Now, I had my base to attach. . .

Lace. . .

And embellishments. . .lace, buttons, doilies, labels, ribbon. . .The possibilities are endless.

Did I get my sewing room cleaned?
No--not completely. But, I did get a nice Shabby Chic apron from the denim jeans. . .
Much more fun. . .

Want to know more about vintage aprons?
Here's a great post at Victory Vintage I think you'd enjoy:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...