Thursday, April 5, 2012

Folk Art On The Clothesline

A Jack Meyers Print

The days are getting warmer and warmer. . . .  .Time to hang the quilts out on the line to air before they're put away for the summer. . . . .





In the past, it was a common sight to see quilts hanging "on the line" or fence. . . . .Nowadays, few people have a clothesline at all. . . . .or a fence. . . . .


I have a sneaky suspicion that airing them wasn't the only reason we once saw so many quilts. . . . .What better way to do a little bragging without being totally obvious?

But, I can't blame the quilt makers. . . . .If I'd pieced these, I'd be bragging, too. . . . .

Aren't they beautiful, blowing in the breeze? 

. . . . .Truly Works of Art. . . . .

Jack Meyers Print--Old Town Mall
Double Knit Quilt Tops--Humane Society Thrift Store

4 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

They are pretty swaying in the breeze. You're right about clotheslines...I think I'm the only one in my area that hangs up clothes to dry on the line. Love that fresh smell!

Laurie said...

It was my job to take the clothes off the line when I was growing up. I loved how the clothes smelled so fresh. I like the quilts.

Marie said...

glad you kept the clothesline

Chenille Cottage said...

This reminds me so much of my childhood visits to my gramma's!
Your quilts are so beautiful...so full of warmth and sentiment!
Blessings,
Carolynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...