Thursday, October 2, 2014

Celebrate the Day with a Breakfast Treat

 
I've been playing with my bread pudding recipe again. . .This time baking up a breakfast treat with the mouth-watering goodness of honey buns and pecans, bread pudding with cinnamon and sugar, homemade peach preserves and whipped cream. . .Everyone will think you slaved over a stove in the early morning with a special treat for them. . .but the great thing about it is that you can prepare the Bread Pudding the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning. . .



Place Honey Buns in the bottom of a lightly greased casserole. Top with Pecans, Almonds, or your choice of nuts. Fill in the spaces with day old or toasted French bread (or bread of your choice). Cut more French bread into cubes. Layer on top of the Honey Buns and Nuts.
 
In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 cup sugar.
Then whisk in 3 large eggs.
Add 5 tablespoons flour and whisk.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 cups buttermilk or regular milk. Whisk.
 
Pour mixture over the bread. Let the bread soak up most of the pudding mixture. If the top is not saturated, place a plate or other weight on top. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes, or it can be covered and refrigerated overnight. Top before baking with a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Set oven at 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until the pudding is set and the top is a golden brown. Let it cool slightly before cutting.
 
I top each piece with Homemade Peach Preserves. There's a recipe for Amish Peach Jam HERE or choose any favorite jam or preserve.  Add whipped topping. Then set back and enjoy the compliments with your coffee!
 
. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 
 



9 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Looks marvelous! Perfect time of year for bread pudding.

Debby Ray said...

Oh wow...bread pudding made from honey buns? Who knew? Looks and sounds delicious!

Sam I Am...... said...

Sounds decadent and yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe as I LOVE bread pudding...Happy Fall!

Patty Sumner said...

I make my bread pudding with honey buns and doughnuts too.. Yours looks yummy.. Makes me want to make some....Blessings!

Liz said...

Oh yum!! I didnt think I could love honey buns anymore than I already do, but I think this could top it!

Pam said...

Mmmm, looks so YUMMY, and I love peach jam! In fact I have some peach jam that I made. Thank you for your recipe!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

I just love bread pudding :) You made my weekend more special now! Maggie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

YUM! I love bread pudding Dru and this sounds like my kind of breakfast!
hugs,
Jann

Diane said...

Bread pudding is one of my favorites. Love the idea of adding peach preserves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...