Friday, April 24, 2015

Going Big in the Kitchen


When the SPRING and SUMMER seasons arrive, there is much activity going on around the farm. . .outside and in. . .and the FARMHOUSE KITCHEN certainly sees its share of baking, canning, and home grown meals. . .With the prospect of it being no different this year, I decided to stock many of the of the necessities close at hand in GIANT CROCKS and GLASS STORAGE JARS. . .


Canning supplies are hidden in the #8 CROCK. . .baking needs and miscellaneous in the others. . .


A huge canister of flour for breads, biscuits, and cakes. . .10 pounds of beans ready for measure. . .to cook with ham or sausage Creole style (Yum). . .I can leave them simmering all morning on the stove while I'm working in the garden or doing other chores. . .so typical of farm ladies over the years. . .


Large chopping boards clean and ready. . .The bin filled with coffee, sugar, canning salt. . .


Next week you'll find me in the kitchen. . .canning PUMPKIN BUTTER (Recipe HERE) from the puree I froze last Fall. . .Then a few jars of JAMS (One Recipe HERE). . .(Another Recipe HERE). . .Afterwards followed by SAUERKRAUT (Recipe HERE) with the super bargains of cabbage going on right now. . .Won't be long until we have strawberries. . .I have a new recipe for STRAWBERRY BREAD that I'm dying to try. . .Everything will be at hand now . . .LOVE IT!!!!!


How about you? Are you ready to go BIG in the kitchen (grin)
and hide the clutter in plain sight?

. . .sending your way. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 
 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your sweet pieces! Have a nice weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

Love your farmhouse kitchen and everything in it! Have a great weekend! Diane

Unknown said...

Gorgeous little cabinet pantry in crocks! Ready for summer work! Everything just says sweet country!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love everything about your kitchen. It must be a real joy cooking in there!! Thanks for sharing...:)

Heide at ApronHistory said...

We have been thinking about strawberry jam too. Strawberries prices in the store are coming down and the early spring berries are always so good! Also, I never made cherry jam from the those that I picked last summer, still int he freezer. But now would be a good time to get it done!
I just got a red Fiesta crock from my kitchen utensils. Our drawer space was rather limited. We are loving it! Everything is so handy now!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love the large containers for baking goods also. Even though my kitchen is small, I keep them on my counters. Love all the cast iron you have!
By the way, goosebumps about the last post--beautiful! ♥

Pamela Gordon said...

I love it! I like that you are using the old crocks to store and hide baking/cooking supplies and tools. It looks really nice.

cynthia lee designs said...

I just love everything about your kitchen...beautiful photos!!
~Cindy

JES said...

Everything looks so lovely!!! I am always ready to go BIG in the kitchen :)

Pam said...

Love all of the big old crocks! Everything looks great!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Co.Co. said...

Hi there I just came upon you're blog. How refreshing to see such down home decor! I live in an old 1950s little farm cottage. It's been built into and is still only 1300 sq ft. I love your style and taste! And I'm enjoying the pictures and postings.

Anonymous said...

We're in the final stretch of a several years' re-do of a Dutch colonial. My head is spinning with kitchen ideas. I'm already collecting glass containers of all sorts + sizes. The crocks! Genius! TY for the inspiration!

Reshma said...

I so love love your kitchen..
Wish I could sit there and have a cup of tea...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...