Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Warm and Cozy

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But, the fire is so delightful. . . ."


The first fire of Winter is always exciting. . . .more so this year because it was beginning to look like we might not have the fireplace finished in time for Christmas. . . .


But the Saints were blessing us. . . .The fireplace was finished in 70 degree weather a few days ago. . . .Good thing, too--the temperature plunged this morning--down in the 20s. . . .That may not seem cold to some of you, but for this Southern girl who likes to go barefoot even in winter, it's a bit on the chilly side.

Nothing like a fire to raise my spirits. . . .and to warm my toe-sies. . . .





A perfect setting for the Holidays.

Now, it's time to get out the iron pots--I'll be cooking in the fire soon. . . .My little prim table came out of storage a few days ago--so handy for preparing the foods. . . .





For today, though, I'll be enjoying a cup of tea--
and the warmth of  "First Fire". . . .
Sure wish you could join me. . . .

"And, since I have no place to go. . . .
Let it snow. . . .Let it snow. . . .Let it snow"

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...