Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy Last Minute Christmas Gift Idea

This will be a quick post--just to share with you an idea for an easy, inexpensive last minute gift. . . .


Going green with your own shopping bag is catching on around here. . . .Just like most women, a friend of mine wanted her bags to stand out and be eye-catching. . . .I actually bought these from her at a local craft show. . . .
She knows I'm putting it on the blog and was happy to share. . . .


 I think they are cute as a button--or a yo-yo. . . .

The flower pot is ironed on with Wonder-Under. . . .The yo-yos are attached with hot glue. . . .The leaves are drawn with a white paint pen. . . .Both sides are crafted. . . .These are quite big and will hold many items. . . .

I'm filling mine with goodies to give to a couple of family members--bag and all. . . .


If you're like me, you may be scrambling for an extra gift or two. . . .Or, are you the smart ones and ready for the big day?. . . .Either way, this is a cute idea to keep in your craft files. . . .

Today I am also remembering those families 
who lost precious loved ones last week. . . .
There are no words that can convey my deepest sympathies. . . .
My thoughts and prayers are with them--our country--
and all you who--like me--have been so deeply affected. . . .

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .

6 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Too cute!

Dawn said...

Love this idea, I only use recycled bags at the store and these sure are cute. Thanks for the idea:)

cynthia lee designs said...

Very cute recycle bags!!
Praying for those who lost loved ones and for everyone that was affected by this unthinkable act.
~Cindy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Dru, that is the greatest idea. I am seeing the bags used alot in the markets. What a great gift idea..Hope you are having a wonderful week..Judy

Pam said...

Beautiful bags! Love the yo-yo's!
It is very difficult dealing with what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary. I have 5 grandchildren and a daughter who is a Teacher and it scares me so much to think something like this could happen again. I just feel so helpless. I spent yesterday making cards to send to Newtown Connecticut. Thank you for your remembrance to them.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Tanya Breese said...

what a cute idea, i love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...