Friday, December 7, 2012

Is Christmas That Close?

I was in shock yesterday when I realized Christmas is only about two and a half weeks off! Where have I been, you say? Obviously, not in touch with reality!


Let's cut to the heart of it! I'm getting older and Christmases are coming faster each year. I once laughed at my Aunt Mamie, who rolled her fully decorated Christmas tree out of the guest room closet the day after every Thanksgiving. She told me when you get older, there's hardly time to take the tree down before it was time to put it back up! So, she solved the problem with rollers on the tree. After Christmas, she'd just throw a sheet over it, and roll it back in the closet.

I thought this was the funniest thing I ever heard of. . . .Doesn't sound so crazy anymore. . . .


I couldn't believe it yesterday morning, when I looked at the calendar and realized Christmas is only about two and a half weeks off. . . .Where did the time go?. . . .This happens to me every year--seems like time speeds up once Thanksgiving is over. . . .

So, I got in high gear--sent Santa Honey for some greenery, while I scoured the farmhouse for decorating possibilities. . . .This year, it's only Santa Honey and me here for Christmas. . . . I want a Plain & Simple Christmas--Plainer and Simpler than usual. . . .Good thing, since I have so little time.

The keeping room will be my focus. . . .I've already started--and what a mess I have!
Rover's trying his best to help. . . .


So, this post is short and sweet. . . .No time to waste. . . .
Christmas is almost here!

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...