Saturday, June 16, 2012

Donations to the Historic District


I'm a little late in posting all the wonderful donations people have made to the Widner-Magers Farm Historic District. As we began pulling items out for display, I realized I'd not posted many of them. You who have been so generous with donations, as well as your support and time, please know we appreciate each and every one of them.

 Joe Chipman of Manila, AR donated this mirrored mule collar and a lovely vintage telephone. These will be going in the store museum as soon as we finished our renovations. They are in really good condition and will add so much to the store.


Jacky Skeleton of Blytheville, AR brought us a garden plow and new handles to go on it last fall. We already have it displayed on the store museum porch.

And, here's a few pieces of the vintage shop and farming equipment from Karen Dilldine of Half Moon Farms, AR.  I hinted at them in the recent post, The 1956 Chevy Comes Home. I had to get John in on this one to tell me what all these things do. . .I'll be going clock-wise from the top left. . .1. 50 lb Power Hammer 2. Line Shaft Band Saw 3. Metal Horse Drawn Trailer (in front) 4. From Our Barn 5. 1956 Chevy Farm Truck 6. Homemade Forge 7. Name Plate for the Power Hammer
Not Shown: Delta Saw Table, Coca Cola Cases, Cypress Wood, Corrugated Tin, Nails 

Thank you again to everyone! You have certainly given us a legacy that will help preserve our Delta history.

I'll be posting more donations as I uncover them, including items from the Burdette Plantation.

"That the Future May Know Our Past."

1 comment:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the old stuff. I told my painter friend about the barn quilt and she will make me one! Waiting for your tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...