Thursday, May 19, 2022

Renovating A Small Colonial Cottage With My Farmhouse Style

I know I have teased you about renovating our second home in Ste. Genevieve, Mo. before. . .but hopefully this will be the year. . .Let's face it, nothing has been normal for the last two plus years. . .and it is only now that I am getting caught up on a LOT of projects. . .But this summer of 2022, I WILL be making changes to our little hideaway. . .and I will be posting it here at The Country Farm Home. . .because. . .


I have decided to update the entire house in my farmhouse style. . .using the same palette based on our cotton fields. . .the neutrals of whites, grays, tans, and black. . .Maybe a check floor here and there. . .Touches of color. . .There will be primitives and colonial pieces, since the house dates back to 1865. . .but done in the style I love the most. . .

I have tried the traditional colonial decor. . .added and subtracted for several years. . .but none excite me as this new idea of mine. . .to marry farmhouse style with traditional touches. . .Even this couch will be getting a makeover using old cotton sacking. . .


I'm bringing in the white ironstone. . .old crocks. . .lots of wooden boxes. . .neutral area rugs. . .galvanized items. . .wooden barrels. . .and more. . .as I create a relaxed style for our second home. . .

There's a living room, kitchen, pantry, bath and two bedrooms. . .What fun this will be! . .And I'm sure you won't want to miss it. . .


 If you would like to see more about our cottage in Ste. Genevieve, I hope you'll follow this link to:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...