Thursday, January 28, 2016

I Thought It was Something I Said...Friends Connect Followers Please Read

 

I was putting the finishing touches on a post today when I noticed I had lost almost 100 followers on Google Friends Connect in less than 36 hours. . .Was is something I said? . .Or didn't say?. . .Or was Google changing everything again?
 
I decided to get to the bottom of it. . .when I found that other bloggers were experiencing the same thing. . .huge drops in numbers. . .The answer is simple. . .Google has changed the rules. . .They are removing many of the Friends Connect Followers. . .
 
". . .starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.
 
We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post) that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow. Thank you. The Blogger Support Team
 
What this means is. . .If you do have a Google Account, nothing has changed. If you don't have a Google account, you'll have to sign up for one. Then re-follow The Country Farm Home and Our Old Country Store. . .(What a hassle, huh?)
 
Although they didn't indicate other options, I have found a few. . .If you do not want a Google Account, you can "Follow By Email". . .or  Bloglovin'. . .or any of the other options you'll find on the sidebar.
 
I do hope that you will continue to follow The Country Farm Home and Our Old Country Store with one of these options. . .I wouldn't want you to miss a single 'Plain and Simple Farmhouse Living' post . . .It is very sad that this will affect so many followers, as well as the Google bloggers who work so hard to get their posts to you. . .but then change is a fact of cyber life. . .isn't it? . . .Not sure if that's a good thing. . .or a bad one. . .
 
 

7 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I lost some too and wondered the same thing! Thanks for the update about it! Isn't the weather great this week? Take care!

Henny Penny said...

Thank you for explaining. I've read a couple of blogs today that mentioned losing followers.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I just put a message about it on my sidebar. Not happy with Google at all right now. Love the photo you used...too funny!

Rose said...

I love this photo!! Best wishes :)

Unknown said...

I saw this when I joined and so made sure I only followed using Google. There are perks to coming late to the party :).

Debby Ray said...

I have just lost a couple but am aware...in fact, I did a post on it a couple of weeks ago. Wow...so sorry you lost so many and I hope they will come back to you! Have a good weekend :)

Cindy Lou said...

The picture is absolutely priceless! Just priceless! I can hardly stand it! Can you please tell me where you found it! I would love to print it out if possible! I love your blog and follow you all the time! Thanks,Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...