Monday, September 14, 2020

White Ironstone-Stoneware-Plans for Fall

In our FARMHOUSE, white IRONSTONE and STONEWARE reigns. . .I am a lover of any dinnerware. . .and have collected many patterns over the years. . .but when I want simple farmhouse. . .it's the shades of white that I go to. . .More and more I decorate THE COUNTRY FARM HOME with lots of wood and naturals in the background and tons of farmhouse whites. . .This wasn't a quick decision. . .It has evolved through the last nine years I've blogged. . .

And. . .so. . .I am looking forward to FALL and decorating again with this neutral palette. . .I feel like I've missed most of Summer and am more than ready to get busy again at the FARMHOUSE. . .


This SUMMER has been different from any other. . .I have spent most of it away from the farm. . .not due to COVID-19. . .although it brought its own set of changes. . .but due to crop dusters spraying pesticides and herbicides. . .I have violent reactions to them. . .Our farm is sprayed on the ground when it needs it. . .and I tolerate that quite well. . .It's the planes that get me. . .We have asked the pilots not to fly over our farmstead. . .but they do. . .leaving a path of ruin. . .
 
They say a picture is worth a THOUSAND WORDS. . .
 

Remember our beautiful CREPE MYRTLE?
It was almost 100 YEARS OLD. . .


Here it is NOW. . .

 
Our GARDENS. . .SHRUBS. . .FRUIT TREES. . .pretty much look the same throughout the farmstead. . .
 


 
If it does this to plants. . .you can imagine what the spray does to a person's lungs. . .and immune system. . .John has bravely stayed at the farm and maintained it all Summer. . .but he now has health issues, too. . .Don't get me wrong. . .We are farmers. . .and we know bugs and weeds have to be killed. . .We have only asked that the crop dusters not fly over us. . .Unfortunately, there are laws for ruined crops due to aerial spray. . .not for people's lives. . .
 

Be that as it may. . .You all know how much I love OUR FARM and COUNTRY FARMHOUSE. . .Soon the crops will be harvested. . .the crop dusters will cease flying. . .and I'll be able to return to my BELOVED farm and do some FALL DECORATING indoors. . .with IRONSTONE. . .STONEWARE. . .ans PUMPKINS. . .It promises to be 'SIMPLY FARMHOUSE'. . .
 
 
I CAN HARDLY WAIT. . .


1 comment:

dp said...

I really relate to this post, I am an ironstone addict and proud of it lol.... I blogged about it here on an old blog I used to write: http://ironstoneandpine.blogspot.com/2011/05/yes-i-am-ironstone-addict.html?m=1
But it is such a wonderful look isn’t it? Started following you not too long ago and am enjoying your posts, love hearing the history of your farm! So terrible that the dusters risk your health as well as your beautiful shrubs and trees, I just don’t understand how that is legal even if they says it’s necessary. It keeps you off your own land!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I really look forward to whatever you write, your pictures are so pretty and your life is so interesting. I’m in my favorite time of year right now so eat up anything autumn related and I think we are kindred spirits in that regard. Stay safe and carry on, yours is a refreshing peek into a simpler lifestyle that some are still lucky enough to enjoy and I love reading about!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...