Tuesday, November 26, 2019

DIY Farmhouse Folk Angels for the Christmas Table


You've seen my Folk Angels before. . .I know. . .but. . .did you know that you could make your own?. .Yep. . .There are two pages of DIY instructions in the Winter Issue of COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE

Space is limited in the magazine for inspirational photos. . .so I'm sharing a few more with you in these next two posts. . .and a few more ideas. . .


With the basic instructions from COUNTRY RUSTIC, you can make Angels to suit your style. . .Dress them in different fabric. . .It's not necessary that they wear wool like mine. . .The embellishments can be changed, too. . .


I made lots of them. . .and named them according to those Angels I have known. . .They are all around the house. . .obviously not all hanging from the branches of a Christmas Tree. . .(although I'll be showing you some that are). . .


Speaking of embellishments. . .just now as I looked at these photos, I had a different idea for the angel wings. . .Snowflakes would do the trick!  And for Halos. . .try a ring of those Stars. . .or maybe a Santa Angel. . .There are so many options. . .if you'll let your imagination soar. . .


For this Christmas table, I kept it simple. . .Angels. . .Snowflakes. . .Candles. . .Packages. . .Greenery. . .and a few Little Stars. . .It IS eclectic with its folk and tinsel style. . .but I think it suits a Farmhouse setting. . .


Somehow it all works. . .
And. . .yours will, too. . .I just know it. . .


3 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I love the idea of naming the angels after some you have known. They are precious! Your centerpiece is lovely too. You have style for sure!

Alice D. said...

Lovely Angels, for sure! Christmas Blessings!

sassafras creek Originals said...

Great Idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...