Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Little Bit of Christmas At The Old Company Store


OUR OLD COMPANY STORE as seen in COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE
"Ninety-seven. . .ninety-eight. . .ninety-nine. . .one dollar." I was thrilled! With the four dollars I managed to save from my allowance, I had enough money to buy the little plastic cowboys and Indians for my brother, the red suspenders and bow tie for my Dad, and the  sweet-smelling Lily of the Valley cologne for my Mom.  I gathered up the pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters and walked alone to the company store with excitement and anticipation in my every step. Even now as I transform that same mercantile into an enchanting Christmas past, it thrills the very depths of my soul. . ."
OUR OLD COMPANY STORE as seen in COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE 
And so begins my latest article written for COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE. .which has just hit the stands!!!!   Watch for it. . .because. . .there are some fantastic articles and Christmas ideas for your own traditional Christmas plans. . .Check out these article titles as seen on the Winter Issue cover. . .

We have become a family at the magazine thanks to D J Williams, our editor, who works so very hard to ensure that each magazine issue feels like home to the reader. . .and the best way to do that is to encourage the writers to write more personable themselves. . .to open up and tell their story. . .It's been a wonderful experience. . .and the good news is. . .I'll be writing for them again in 2019!!! and. . .beginning with the Fall Issue 2019, the COUNTRY FARM HOME will be featured each season for a year. . .John and I are so excited about this and I look forward to working with D J once again. . .
So. . .That's the BIG NEWS. . .that and I noticed on the calendar that it's almost Christmas. . .Time for me to start baking. . .and wrapping gifts. . .Where DID this year go?
 



2 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

And today we are expecting snow up to 2". Sure feels like Christmas to me!!!

Henny Penny said...

How beautiful!! Hope to find a copy of the magazine on my next trip to town. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...